The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

11 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Chilly, rainy, gloomy day here in the south, but here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits All The Time) the sun is always shining!! 🌞 Staying with the Motown/R&B theme, let's get things kicked off this morning with a trio of solid gold greats!

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I last used the "Dolomiti" soap and I had forgotten how great it is! Great lather and post shave face-feel. New brush today also. Glued it up last night. The handle is from Shave Forge and the knot is a Phoenix Shaving "Nexus" fan/bulb hybrid. Finished with the matching after shave lotion and a spray of Paul Sebastian. Fantastic!!

Hope you have a great day, Cadre!! :)

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Shave Forge + Phoenix Shaving Synth / PAA "Meta-4"
Gillette Silver Blue / A;um / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion. Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-5378.jpg

giphy.gif

11 February, 2021

Chilly, rainy, gloomy day here in the south, but here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits All The Time) the sun is always shining!! 🌞 Staying with the Motown/R&B theme, let's get things kicked off this morning with a trio of solid gold greats!

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I last used the "Dolomiti" soap and I had forgotten how great it is! Great lather and post shave face-feel. New brush today also. Glued it up last night. The handle is from Shave Forge and the knot is a Phoenix Shaving "Nexus" fan/bulb hybrid. Finished with the matching after shave lotion and a spray of Paul Sebastian. Fantastic!!

Hope you have a great day, Cadre!! :)

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Shave Forge + Phoenix Shaving Synth / PAA "Meta-4"
Gillette Silver Blue / A;um / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion. Paul Sebastian EdC

View attachment 47195

Perfect set-list!! :p

10 February, 2021

Continuing on with the R&B theme for today's Morning Music. Today I'm featuring hits from Wilson Pickett, The Four Tops & Booker T. & The MG's. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! First time using Chris's "Orion" soap. LOVED IT!!!! This stuff produced a wonderfully dense & cushioning lather. And the Hammam Spa scent was fantastic! Kinda citrus and medicinal. This is what I would consider a "Barber Shop" scent. Finished with the matching tonic and a spray of Creed "Bois du Portugal". Excellent!!!

CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" After Shave Tonic

View attachment 47123

OMG, Green Onions: thee perfect groove!! And, of course, the perfect set-list too!! :cool:

12 February, 2021

Good morning, Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's a dark day in the music world with the loss of one of the all-time Jazz/Fusion greats, Chick Corea. I really got into him and his Elektric Band albums back in the 90's and I began working through his back catalog, including his work with Return To Forever & Miles Davis. If you're not familiar with him and his large catalog of work, definitely take the time to check it out. His loss will definitely be felt. 😢

For today's Morning Music, here's the 1987 album Light Years. Hope you enjoy..

Great shave today! Used a new soap today from Shannon's Soaps LTD. Fantastic performance! Usually a new soap can take some time to learn. Not this one. The lather practically built itself! Wonderful woody, rose scent with a hint of spice that's well balanced. Finished with the "Rose Petals" after shave from Ginger's Garden and a spray of Czech & Speake No.88. Great way to finish the work week!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Shannon's Soaps "Copaiba Rose" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals" After Shave / Czech & Speake No.88

IMG-5383a.jpg

15 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a David Gilmour mood this morning so here are a couple from 2006's On An Island and 2015's Rattle That Lock. Hope you enjoy.

Today's shave left a lot to be desired. Didn't sleep well last night and felt very groggy this morning and my shave suffered because of it. Oh well, tomorrow will be better hopefully.

Hope you have a great day! And if you're in the bullseye of this ice, be careful!!

PAA "Supreme Sandalwood Science" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell "Model T" / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / PAA "Supreme Sandalwood Science" After Shave + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Arden Men "Sandalwood" EdC

IMG-5402.jpg

Sorry to hear about the rough shave. Hopefully the fantastic scents of the shave and post shave helped make up for it.

16 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Damn, it's cold here today!!! 🥶❄️🌬️

Here's a screen cap from my phone

63028.jpg

So for today's Morning Music, I had to find some appropriate songs. Hope you enjoy!!

Much improved shave over yesterday! Love the Moon soaps and "Union" is one of the best scents out there! Finished with the matching balm and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence".

Hope you have a great day!!

Moon Soap Co. "Union" Shave Soap / Oz Shgaving & PAA Brush / PAA "META-4" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Moon Soap Co. "Union" Post Shave Balm / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-5412.jpg

Back