The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Sounds like a very nice day indeed Mark! Glad you were able to get out with the missus for some quality time!

8 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting the week started off right, here at WMRK! Hope you enjoy!!

Great shave this morning. Migrated back to the Rockwell Model T. Love that razor! Popped in a fresh Polsilver Super Iridium and the whiskers practically lept from my face on their own! Finished with a splash of Lucky Tiger and a spray of Drakkar Noir. Haven't worn this stuff since the 80's. My wife loves it! ;)

Hope you have a great day!

LNHC "Dark Warrior" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T" / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / "Lucky Tiger" Aftershave Tonic + Hyaluronic acid Serum / Drakkar Noir EdT

IMG-5360.jpg

LNHC "Dark Warrior" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T" / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / "Lucky Tiger" Aftershave Tonic + Hyaluronic acid Serum / Drakkar Noir EdT
You are taking me for a trip down memory lane, Mark. I wore Drakkar Noir quite a bit back in the 80s. Great stuff. How do you like the Dark Warrior? I have a tub of it waiting for me in a drawer.

You are taking me for a trip down memory lane, Mark. I wore Drakkar Noir quite a bit back in the 80s. Great stuff. How do you like the Dark Warrior? I have a tub of it waiting for me in a drawer.
Like all the other soaps I have by Lisa, it doesn't disappoint! Some of the slickest lather I've ever used. Great scent too though it's on the light side.

All the better, so as not to interfere with the AS tonic's flavor. ;)
giphy.gif

9 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning with a mix of classic R&B hits! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Used two new items. I normally try to not do that, keeping two "knowns" for an unknown. But it worked out okay this time. The Oz Shaving Co. soap was excellent! Love the scent and the lather was fantastic. Very green with a slight hint of something "mint-like" as well. Really nice! Great shave from the razor. Interesting head design. Need to use it a few more times to really learn it. Finished with a splash of Paco Rabanne aftershave (with added skin food) and a spray of the matching cologne. It's a "GREEN BOMB"!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Oz Shaving Co. "Tornadic" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" synth / PAA "Meta-4" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Paco Rabanne Aftershave Splash + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Paco Rabanne EdT

IMG-5367.jpg

You piqued my interest when you said the Paco Rabanne smells like Irish Spring in another thread...gonna have to look that one up!

10 February, 2021

Continuing on with the R&B theme for today's Morning Music. Today I'm featuring hits from Wilson Pickett, The Four Tops & Booker T. & The MG's. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! First time using Chris's "Orion" soap. LOVED IT!!!! This stuff produced a wonderfully dense & cushioning lather. And the Hammam Spa scent was fantastic! Kinda citrus and medicinal. This is what I would consider a "Barber Shop" scent. Finished with the matching tonic and a spray of Creed "Bois du Portugal". Excellent!!!

CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" After Shave Tonic

IMG-5372.jpg

10 February, 2021

Continuing on with the R&B theme for today's Morning Music. Today I'm featuring hits from Wilson Pickett, The Four Tops & Booker T. & The MG's. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! First time using Chris's "Orion" soap. LOVED IT!!!! This stuff produced a wonderfully dense & cushioning lather. And the Hammam Spa scent was fantastic! Kinda citrus and medicinal. This is what I would consider a "Barber Shop" scent. Finished with the matching tonic and a spray of Creed "Bois du Portugal". Excellent!!!

CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Orion - Hammam Spa" After Shave Tonic

View attachment 47123
R&B, great shaving hardware & software, and coffee - what more can you ask for? I really like the Orion base!

Back