The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Modern Jazz / Fusion mood this morning so for today's Morning Music segment I thought I'd go with a few from Chick Corea's Elektric Band. From the 1988 album Eye of the Beholder, here's "Home Universe", "Passage" & "Amnesia". Hope you enjoy!

EXCELLENT shave this morning! Popped the #4 plate on the 6S and three passes later (no touch-ups), dang near BBS results (I don't actively chase that rabbit). The Nivea "Vanilla and Bourbon" paired well with the Hemingway cream. Finished with a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb". Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Hemingway Accoutrements Supreme Shave Crème / Oz Shaving & PAA Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla & Bourbon" Aftershave / V&R "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-5331a.jpg

giphy.gif

4 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Modern Jazz / Fusion mood this morning so for today's Morning Music segment I thought I'd go with a few from Chick Corea's Elektric Band. From the 1988 album Eye of the Beholder, here's "Home Universe", "Passage" & "Amnesia". Hope you enjoy!

EXCELLENT shave this morning! Popped the #4 plate on the 6S and three passes later (no touch-ups), dang near BBS results (I don't actively chase that rabbit). The Nivea "Vanilla and Bourbon" paired well with the Hemingway cream. Finished with a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb". Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Hemingway Accoutrements Supreme Shave Crème / Oz Shaving & PAA Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla & Bourbon" Aftershave / V&R "Spicebomb" EdT

View attachment 46773

Love Chick Corea. I saw him on the college circuit in 1971. He played solo, acoustic piano. I'd guess he needed a break after being with Miles. I'll say that he was finding his wings. It was my 1st jazz concert. They say you always remember your 1st. :cool:

1 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!!

So, there were some "boos" from the gallery last week over my programming choices ( :rolleyes: ), so today here are a few from the great ZZ Top! And if @NurseDave doesn't like it, he can go suck a lemon. 🍋

Great shave today! Of course I don't need to tell you peeps how good Frank's wares are. Great soap, great lather, great scent and wonderful post-shave face feel! "10"s all around!

Finished with a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer". Great start to the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving & PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Skin Food Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

View attachment 46507
Om, my! Perhaps thee best 2 song set-list!! :oops:

1 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!!

So, there were some "boos" from the gallery last week over my programming choices ( :rolleyes: ), so today here are a few from the great ZZ Top! And if @NurseDave doesn't like it, he can go suck a lemon. 🍋

Great shave today! Of course I don't need to tell you peeps how good Frank's wares are. Great soap, great lather, great scent and wonderful post-shave face feel! "10"s all around!

Finished with a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer". Great start to the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving & PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Skin Food Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

View attachment 46507

And another...

5 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! TGIF! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get right into this Friday edition of WMRK's Morning Music with the jazz / fusion sounds of Tyranni Flock. Hope you enjoy!

Another incredible shave today!. Love the performance of the Moon soaps and Amaretto Speciale has become on of my favorite scents. This is another brand whose soaps froduce one of the best post-shave face feels I've felt. Finished with the matching balm and a spray of CO Bigelow Elixir Red. Great way to end the work week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Moon Soap Co. "Amaretto Speciale" Shaving Cream / PAA "The Starcraft" / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Nacet
Alum / Moon Soap Co. "Amaretto Speciale" Post Shave Balm / C.O. Bigelow "Elixir Red" EdT

IMG-5335.jpg

6 February, 2021

Good evening Cadre! Hope your weekend is going great.

Here with a rare Saturday edition of WMRK's Jazz After Dark. Hope you enjoy!

Awesome day out with the missus! First lunch at the BoneFish Grill and then a drive to lovely Fayetteville, Tennessee for some shopping (and some lotto tickets). Then back to Bama for some afternoon coffee (me) and tea (her) at our new favorite hole-in-the-wall shop. All-in-all, a great day!!

IMG-5342a.jpg

f17261380850476684c2f917c636628f.jpg

Great shave today as well! Had to move the Hombres soap to another vessel as the Old Spice mug it was in was dropped and broke. 😢 Finished with the After Shave Tonic and a spray of Drakkar Noir.

Excellent!!

CBL Tonsorial "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Nacet
Alum / CBL Tonsorial "Hombres Barber Shop" Aftershave Tonic / Drakkar Noir EdT

IMG-5345.jpg

Back