The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!!

So, there were some "boos" from the gallery last week over my programming choices ( :rolleyes: ), so today here are a few from the great ZZ Top! And if @NurseDave doesn't like it, he can go suck a lemon. 🍋

Great shave today! Of course I don't need to tell you peeps how good Frank's wares are. Great soap, great lather, great scent and wonderful post-shave face feel! "10"s all around!

Finished with a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer". Great start to the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving & PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Ethos - Succès" Skin Food Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-5307a.jpg

2 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Brrrrrrr!! Wind chills hovering around the 18° mark hereabouts this morning. I feel like Mr. Rogers in that I wear one coat to work and when I get to the office I take it off and put on another (lighter) fleece jacket. There;'s an external metal security door in my office and it's like working inside a cooler. 🥶

Let's get some music going this morning. Picked this album up yesterday and have really been enjoying it. This guy's become one of my favorite guitarists. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! First time using the Fine shaving cream. Nice lather and it smelled great but I prefer the soaps personally. Finished with the matching splash (with added skin food) and EdT. Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day!

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Shave Cream / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Nacet
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Aftershave Splash + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum

IMG-5312.jpg

First time using the Fine shaving cream. Nice lather and it smelled great but I prefer the soaps personally.
I generally prefer soaps to creams. Since I started bowl lathering maybe I should revisit it. Was tempted the other day at Target, where I saw some Cremo creams, but I have so many soaps I simply cannot justify it.

Have a great day, Mark. :)

I generally prefer soaps to creams. Since I started bowl lathering maybe I should revisit it. Was tempted the other day at Target, where I saw some Cremo creams, but I have so many soaps I simply cannot justify it.

Have a great day, Mark. :)
Thanks, Bruce. You too. :)

So the new guy we hired in will begin on-call rotation next week!! OMG that means one week on & two weeks off!!!! After 13 years of every other week on call!!!! I'll FINALLY have two weeks off in a row!!!

giphy.gif

So the new guy we hired in will begin on-call rotation next week!! OMG that means one week on & two weeks off!!!! After 13 years of every other week on call!!!! I'll FINALLY have two weeks off in a row!!!

giphy.gif

3176028b92c680e1b07a159db36cc3a8.gif

3 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Michael Jackson mood this morning so for today's Morning Music segment, here is the King of Pop! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Really like the Soap Commander soaps and the fact that they're local is a bonus! Always good to support the local guys/shops. Great "Old Spice" scent! Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Soap Commander "Endurance" Shave Soap / Shave Forge & PAA Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Soap Commander "Endurance" Aftershave Splash + Hyaluronic Acid Serum

IMG-5324c.jpg

Back