The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

All work and no play makes Ben a dull boy... Make sure you take some time for yourself and family! I’ve been down the throw yourself at work and nothing else road and I can tell ya it makes things worse. Get the decompression time and enjoy the little things!

Oh yea, and welcome to the journals! 😜

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Merkur Bakelite
  • Blade: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Brush: Heritage Shaving Klenzo
  • Soap: Sapone di Paolo Bosco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, oooops
  • Frag: Mugler Pure Havane
  • Music: Crime In Stereo - The Troubled Stateside
My first shift at the third job pretty much sealed that I'm going to honor my commitments for the rest of the month and proceeded to not go back. I was not at all prepared for much of anything except actually doing my job. A call to the supervisor yielded nothing. Other than that it was pretty easy going.

This shave would've been better if I had remembered to apply some balm before walking out the door. My face is pretty soft and supple, but I could've used a little soothing from a touch of burn from absent-mindedly applying too much pressure.

More screaming. You guys already knew that, though.

I really missed being at the full time. I say that after having been destroyed for three straight days. Lol. It's the people around me that make it easier. I think that's about it for today. I hope you're all well. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

... My face is pretty soft and supple...
We pretty much had that picture of you already 😜
SelfishHandsomeDorking-max-1mb.gif

Ben, I'd be interested in your thoughts about what is going on with paramedics in Los Angeles. I am ambivalent myself. Seems like making the call in the field can put first responders in an untenable position.

Ben, I'd be interested in your thoughts about what is going on with paramedics in Los Angeles. I am ambivalent myself. Seems like making the call in the field can put first responders in an untenable position.
I heard that news recently too, not from a credible medical source though, so I’m interested too.

I heard that news recently too, not from a credible medical source though, so I’m interested too.
My bad, I just read your comment. I'll holler at you tomorrow after my nap. I'm sure it's a little interesting hearing our side of the story. It really does suck having to tell families that there's nothing you can do, but we have to consider a slightly bigger picture.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: One of the straights (terrible idea)
  • Blade: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Brush: Grizzly Bay Decadence or something like that
  • Soap: Proraso red
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Lavender, Bootlegger's Icy Velva
  • Frag: none
  • Music: none
Work is work. One of my paramedic classmates is starting on my shift tomorrow, which excites me. He's another person who is willing to learn the job and remain humble in the process.

This was all a terrible idea, but I didn't bleed any of my own blood. I think it's the Wade and Butcher Long Bow or something crazy like that. I dunno, ask the next guy. First off, I put the remainder of my very first shave soap into the old Leviathan container, which made it so much easier to load. I had forgotten how incredibly dry this lather is, and how incredibly not slick it is. I gotta say I'm pretty spoiled with literally any of my other soaps. I found a random diagram of shaving directions that I figured I'd try out. It's pretty consistent with my growth direction, but it doesn't get close anything close to DFS, more of a suitable shave. This was my first razor burn in a while, but it's alright. Icy Velva soothed my skin pretty damn well.

I'm starting to come back around a little more often. My head doesn't feel as full anymore, so I can fill it back up with Cadre nonsense. (I'm looking at you @woodpusher) I think that's about it for today. I do have some other stuff on my mind, but it's more introspective stuff that helps me cope with the crap I see and do at work. If I can't change the outcome, I can at least learn from it; that's my mentality. I hope you're all well, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

Back