The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I are a new stewdent

Thanks guys! All my paperwork is filled out, so hopefully the interview goes well also. hopefully they don't cancel on me before I get there like the last place did.
1f606.png

Awesome Shawn. I hope it works out for the best

Awesome opportunity Shawn! Positive thoughts going your way...prayers said...and just an overall hoping all goes well for you!

Thanks guys!!!

I don't have any Iron Man socks Dave.....
1f622.png
Think I'm going to wear The Great Gonzo though!

Thanks guys!!!

I don't have any Iron Man socks Dave.....
1f622.png
Think I'm going to wear The Great Gonzo though!
Ok, well you're going to have to go shoeless so they get the full effect of those socks!

Shawn, How did things go?

Waiting on a phone call. The QC and welder jobs were at a metal fabrication shop. The guy put hiring on hold for the holidays so she was contacting him to make sure he was ready to proceed again. She is pushing for the QC position, so it's making me think they are having trouble filling that one. If he's not ready to start again, she is going to contact the other company for the maintenance position. So waiting for all the phone calls to be done at the moment.

Waiting on a phone call. The QC and welder jobs were at a metal fabrication shop. The guy put hiring on hold for the holidays so she was contacting him to make sure he was ready to proceed again. She is pushing for the QC position, so it's making me think they are having trouble filling that one. If he's not ready to start again, she is going to contact the other company for the maintenance position. So waiting for all the phone calls to be done at the moment.

Hoping and praying for some good news!!!

This is almost getting depressing when I post here...... Still no call back on either of those jobs.

However, two days ago I drove 45 minutes for an interview at a family run wood processing plant. They do all kinds of things like make knife blocks for Cutco, and other fancy machining processes with wood. The job is to replace a maintenance man who is retiring. I would be doing machine maintenance, welding, and machining parts.
I initially held off posting about it because it really is getting depressing having to come back and post bad news.

Well, I went for the interview, and it lasted two and a half hours. I got to meet the guy I would be replacing and training under until Nov, the other one I'd be working with, and the head of maintenance who is also brother to the president of the company. I got the tour of the shop and plant, some time to talk to the guys I'd be working with, then a one on one with the head guy.
The job has benefits, shoe allowance, vacation, room for learning/training, and starting pay is 6-8 dollars an hour more than the one that hasn't called back yet, with room to go up. He said he had to talk to his brother, but I was the best prospect from the applicants that he had.

I sent a followup email today, and got a reply shortly after. He informed me that he thought the interview went very well and he had talked to his brother and dad and that they would go along with his decision. He is out of town until the weekend, but will be contacting me on Monday.
So while I still haven't gotten a definitive start date, I think that I have the job. Crossing all the fingers I have left and even my toes!!!

This would be a perfect job for me. I like the guys I would be working with. It's mainly inside so no weather restrictions. And it's creative and challenging. I might be welding for a bit, machining a part the next day, working on a machine another day, training on something for a bit, designing something to improve a process... Just different every day. Man I hope this one goes through...

Back