The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather SS clone pass around.....maybe?

Okay I have everything packed up and ready to ship to @Dave in KY hopefully tomorrow. I got your address from John when he got it to send you the blades. I also included a pack of the tugger blades. @Jaro1069 does have a point as the blades got slightly smoother after the third shave, but I still recommend using the Feathers for the real test shaves. Use the tugger blades only when you feel ready to punish yourself for putting your needs before the rest of the family.
don't you have one of the kamisori straights also? did you try those blades in it?

Curious your thoughts with the guard blades. I have never uses the Feather ones.
I got them with the Feather SS as I was being cautious when dipping my toes in the shavette arena. It's all I have used in the SS thus far and have done well with them. I really need to try something else in the SS to have a comparison. Just haven't got there yet.The Proline Schick are my favorite in the Vector.

Friday July 26, 2019
2019 Shave # 209 ( 262 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor :Clone of Feather SS
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (1)
Brush: Dishi 24mm Synthetic
Soap: A&E L'Orange Verte
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2 : A&E L'Orange Verte
Fragrance : Paco Rabanne Invictus EdT

Took the Feather SS Clone for a spin today. I was actually impressed and liked it. Had some resistance on pushing thru the 3rd pass so finished with the Vector but overall a nice shave and I think I preferred it to the feather SS. Slight difference appears the Clone has slightly fatter clamp where it grabs the blade which made it seem more comfortable I think. Almost imperceptible but there unless my eyes are playing games with me. Resistance may have been user not doing proper skin stretching. Described the comparison more in the video uploading now. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20190726_092138187.jpg

Great Video, Nice to hear that you enjoyed it.
This is the razor I got:
US $15.99 |N06R Straight Edge Razor Folding Shaver Knife Barber Razor Wooden Handle Facial Hair Eyebrow Beard Shave Shaving Tool-in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group and it was $15.99, so it is a bit cheaper than the original.

Dave could you do me a favor? Can you swap the caps on the clone and the SS? I'm wondering if they are close enough of a clone to swap the parts. Also I'm wondering if the Feather cap will close the gap back end of the clone. Thanks.

I wonder if @uacowboy could take a peak at the loose scales. It just might need a few taps.

Great shave and prudent to stop after that blade stall. Don’t want to risk loss of precious bodily fluids.

@gvw755 @The Monkey Razors arrived today. Blades box squished in package but intact. I'll send it on in a box for better protection with the blades John sent. First shave maybe tomorrow......
Gotta watch that Les
Sorry, but the three sets of blades came to me that way in a white cardboard box with two boxes crushed. Consider yourself lucky that I sent just one box instead of all three. these are not blades to write home about and would never be confused with Feather Supers.

Sorry, but the three sets of blades came to me that way in a white cardboard box with two boxes crushed. Consider yourself lucky that I sent just one box instead of all three. these are not blades to write home about and would never be confused with Feather Supers.
No worries Les, I'm not even trying those blades. I wanted to move things to a box more for protecting Yours and John's razors. USPS is never kind to the packages going thru their system.

Dave could you do me a favor? Can you swap the caps on the clone and the SS? I'm wondering if they are close enough of a clone to swap the parts. Also I'm wondering if the Feather cap will close the gap back end of the clone. Thanks.
Had a chance this afternoon to do a check on the caps. (If I got this right and didn't transpose them in my head) The clone cap went onto the Feather just fine. The Feather cap would not go onto the Clone. On closer inspection they are IDENTICAL except the pin is thinner on the Clone hence it would go onto the Feather but the Feather cap pins were too fat to fit onto the Clone. Hope that helps and answers your question.

Had a chance this afternoon to do a check on the caps. (If I got this right and didn't transpose them in my head) The clone cap went onto the Feather just fine. The Feather cap would not go onto the Clone. On closer inspection they are IDENTICAL except the pin is thinner on the Clone hence it would go onto the Feather but the Feather cap pins were too fat to fit onto the Clone. Hope that helps and answers your question.
Perfect!! Thanks.

Sunday July 28, 2019
2019 Shave # 211 ( 264 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor : Clone of Kai Kamisori
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)
Brush: Paladin 26mm Disco High-rise Beehive
Soap: A&E SoCal Hipster
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2 : A&E SoCal Hipster

Had my Kai Kamisori Clone shave today. Enjoyed trying both of these razors and thanks to John @The Monkey and Les @gvw755 for sharing. Johns Feather SS Clone is no longer available. But they do have 2 others that are identical in blade but different wood scales that are interesting and I like for the same price. Unfortunately, an untimely purchase of a Brass General that popped up has strapped me for a bit. They are rare so I had to take the early plunge. I'll try to get this boxed and shipped tomorrow to @Spider

Thanks Dave! I have had some health issues and so I had not been shaving much, unfortunately... I'm back in the saddle and lookin to get back to visiting with all my friends!
Sorry to hear about that but glad the worst at least is behind you. WELCOME Back !!!!

Back