The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather SS clone pass around.....maybe?

What?!?! Dude, just sign up. It’ll be a month or two before it gets to you anyway. We’ll just keep pestering you if you don’t.....
I'm with @Spider @GearNoir has a DUTY to the Cadre 😈😈
Hey if Chris (@GearNoir ) wants to let down the whole Cadre that is his business. No matter the amount of generosity or friendship that has been poured out so selfishly on him, he shouldn't feel any guilt for his selfishness.😔
Chris, do what you feel in your heart is right.😏
Lol you guys kill me! :ROFLMAO:

You see, the missus has this running mental tally of how much I spend on shaving gear; pass around shipping and shipping for borrowed razors get lumped into that sum, so that means less I get to spend on something later that’s actually permanently mine. I have to be strategic!

You see, the missus has this running mental tally of how much I spend on shaving gear; pass around shipping and shipping for borrowed razors get lumped into that sum, so that means less I get to spend on something later that’s actually permanently mine. I have to be strategic!
I'll pay for the shipping.

Start billing her for the computer time robbing us of our timely videos !!

Well, I'm glad I was off doing more important things (like watering my tomatoes and harvesting some lettuce) while all this drama was going on. I even managed to have a very interesting shave, but not from John's razor. Still in keeping with this thread, I will do a rerun of a previously done review of my Kai Captain clone Kamisori.

The clone is made by Univinlions, a long and respected razor manufacturer in China that has been making barber razors and scissors for a couple of years, but just recently released their Kai clone Kamisori. When I got mine it just came in gold, but they now have four different colors if you consider matte and shiny black different colors. The blade is shaped similar to the Kai Captain, however the overall length of the Kamisori is much shorter. The Univinlions is on top and the Kai Captain is on the bottom.

The head itself is slightly shorter. The shave itself with the Univinlions was almost as smooth as the Kai, however the slightly shorter head and overall shorter length made it easier to maneuver and it ended up being a pleasant shaver. Like the Kai, this clone is a definite two pass plus touch up BBS razor. The gold plating also looks like it is more durable than a vintage gold Gillette.

so something that is maybe pertinent to this passaround,

This first pic is how i have seen a lot of people hold a Kamisori style razor when shaving and if that works for you and feels secure go for it. for me it just feels too unstable in my hand.

this is how i hold a kamisori. for me it feel much more secure. if the first style isn't comfortable to you maybe try this.

just food for thought.

I just received the razor that @Jaro1069 showed in his thread. This appears well built and also appears to be from the same manufacturer as my Kamisori. The blade design is the same and the overall length and curve appear to be the same. I will probably get around to shaving with it later as I already am familiar with the characteristics of the Kamisori version. It came with three boxes of 10 blades each (and nobody ask me how I ended up with three boxes instead of one, unless yo want to hear a long drama). I loaded a blade in John's razor for tonight's shave. If they are good blades, I will send off one box with the razors for the rest of you to test out. If they are terrible blades, I will send off all three boxes. ;)

I just received the razor that @Jaro1069 showed in his thread. This appears well built and also appears to be from the same manufacturer as my Kamisori. The blade design is the same and the overall length and curve appear to be the same. I will probably get around to shaving with it later as I already am familiar with the characteristics of the Kamisori version. It came with three boxes of 10 blades each (and nobody ask me how I ended up with three boxes instead of one, unless yo want to hear a long drama). I loaded a blade in John's razor for tonight's shave. If they are good blades, I will send off one box with the razors for the rest of you to test out. If they are terrible blades, I will send off all three boxes. ;)

View attachment 6423
How does the QC appear on that one offhand? Look pretty nice in the photo.

Back