The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Feather SS clone pass around.....maybe?

Where is that guy anyway? Haven't seen him around lately......
Fairly busy I guess, but he poked his head in pretty quickly after I messaged him. He promised to make some entries here once he’s using the razors. (y)

Hey, there he is! Good to see ya bud. How's things on your side of the state?
Doing alright, busy with a new career, busy with my 2 year old, and coaching a sport after work. SO, I've toned my shaving hobby down, to what is more manageable. Yourself?

Doing alright, busy with a new career, busy with my 2 year old, and coaching a sport after work. SO, I've toned my shaving hobby down, to what is more manageable. Yourself?
I'm definitely keeping busy. Never seems like there'e enough time. LOL. I've cut way back on my shave VLOGs, but still pretty happy with the hobby. Of course, I'm here more for the interraction with these guys than anyhting.

Hi guys, I've had three shaves with the Feather kamisori clone, using the Feather Proguard blade. Overall this is the best shavette experience I've ever had! I will say that I have given myself a few nicks and a quite a few weepers... I'm a regular hollow ground SR shaver, so I'm wondering if I'm just used to a bit more flex and forgiveness in my blades, but I'm sure this can be overcome with practice.

The folding AC clone is up next this evening. The scales are super loose and I was considering peening them a bit so they won't be flopping around, unless anyone has any objections.

Overall, this has been a great experience so far, and has got me thinking about picking one up for travel and the occasional quick shave or touch up.

Hi guys, I've had three shaves with the Feather kamisori clone, using the Feather Proguard blade. Overall this is the best shavette experience I've ever had! I will say that I have given myself a few nicks and a quite a few weepers... I'm a regular hollow ground SR shaver, so I'm wondering if I'm just used to a bit more flex and forgiveness in my blades, but I'm sure this can be overcome with practice.

The folding AC clone is up next this evening. The scales are super loose and I was considering peening them a bit so they won't be flopping around, unless anyone has any objections.

Overall, this has been a great experience so far, and has got me thinking about picking one up for travel and the occasional quick shave or touch up.
Peen away.

Guys, I've had an awesome time with the razors! They both shave really well and I am seriously considering picking one up for quick maintenance free shaves. Thanks for letting me try them out! After a few shaves, I found myself adjusting to them and I was recieving very few to no nicks at all. It is definitely different from a straight razor, but just takes a little adjustment. I'll try to get it in the mail by the end of the week. Thanks again!

Guys, I've had an awesome time with the razors! They both shave really well and I am seriously considering picking one up for quick maintenance free shaves. Thanks for letting me try them out! After a few shaves, I found myself adjusting to them and I was recieving very few to no nicks at all. It is definitely different from a straight razor, but just takes a little adjustment. I'll try to get it in the mail by the end of the week. Thanks again!
glad to hear you liked them.... with the links that @The Monkey can give you should be able to get them but if not i have found that R29 Straight Razor with Pack of 10 Blades also has the razors or at least Very similar ( the folding one is more similar to a Kai captain) the kamisori is also available there too and they are out of Florida...I ordered from them and they were okay with me of course as always YMMV ... good luck

glad to hear you liked them.... with the links that @The Monkey can give you should be able to get them but if not i have found that R29 Straight Razor with Pack of 10 Blades also has the razors or at least Very similar ( the folding one is more similar to a Kai captain) the kamisori is also available there too and they are out of Florida...I ordered from them and they were okay with me of course as always YMMV ... good luck
Thank you so much!

Back