The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well it was set up to be my last day for the March theme weeks. Cologne inspired theme so why not show a vendor a little love! Mystic Waters Irish Traveller and Creed Green Irish Tweed!

This Timberwolf anniversary brush is awesome glad I added it to the den!

On a different note doing some hanging with family today at the nephews bday party then gonna go grab some groceries and maybe have a family bonfire night. Did manage to order me a bottle of the Baker Street EDT from Stirling. Boss lady actually wanted some she soap and she aftershave so I snuck my bottle in on the order from Maggard.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

Gotta Love the GIT
giphy.gif

Well rain came in and caused the bonfire to be postponed. Family movie night it is then! Have a good one cadre. Oh I forgot to mention that my oldest son asked if I thought he was ready to be baptized. I have extremely mixed emotions about this and honestly the only thing I thought was message the youth minister at church and have him talk to my son. If he feels well enough about the understanding of my 8yr old then maybe he is ready. I really hope that he isn’t just trying to fit in with the group at church but there are worse groups to fit into. Baptism and the Salvation it represents are not a decision I take very lightly and if he is understanding it on an 8yr old level then grace be with him and we will be attending a baptism.

I can tell you this, I was baptized about that age and I can say that I did understand the decision I was making, however, it wasn't until several years later that I began to grasp the full weight of the commitment I had made. I don't regret getting baptized young at all but it does take some life experience to start seeing the whole picture.

Back