The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Thanks for checking in Brother. Hope stepmom is handing the chemo the best as can be expected. And take care of yourself.

Well I snuck in another shave this week and I must say it was absolutely fabulous! SV never disappoints and neither does my DE custom “Ghosttown” Fatboy. And most of you are well aware that I am a Sorrentino brush fanboy for certain.

Have a stellar weekend folks thanks for reading! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Well I snuck in another shave this week and I must say it was absolutely fabulous! SV never disappoints and neither does my DE custom “Ghosttown” Fatboy. And most of you are well aware that I am a Sorrentino brush fanboy for certain.

View attachment 862

Have a stellar weekend folks thanks for reading! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!
No sneakin! Wipe those cares away for a few minutes, refresh, loud n proud!

Love the shaves that you have updated on. Some really good ones. Keep the faith brother...things will get better!

Today is kind of a weird day. I got up and actually spent time on myself this morning. Shave and relaxation in a hot tub of salty water so I can calm down some irritated rashy spots from I don’t remember the name of the skin condition. The dizzy spells calmed late this week but the headaches associated when I have those spells are a literal witch spelled differently. The missus decided to go see a movie with her best friend this afternoon so I am pretending to be Mr. Mom while washing dishes, repairing a drawer that fell apart in the kitchen and replacing a ceiling fan that had some issues with the light fixture.

Well let’s talk about my epiphany during today’s morning shave. I decided that I was going to give this British soap one last chance to make a lather worthy of keeping in my den and if I couldn’t coax one out then to the PiF pile it was bound. I bloomed the soap in the hottest water my house can make and soaked my Stirling Boar for 20 minutes before attempting to load it. Let’s just say I believe I may have found the secret of the hard British soap lather. Treat it like modern William’s and then it gives you great results.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Yea, the DRH is finicky. It needs a good bloom and a loooong load with my synth. But it does make a decent lather!

Glad you had some down time today man!

Back