The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Tonight the missus asked to smell Vetiver so A&E Vetiver Magnifique got a call and Kate removed the whiskers. I did use her Maggard brush with the Timberwolf knot.

My Dad has begun shaving his head daily to support my Stepmom and has asked me for help with something better than soap and water. He literally has nothing but a multi-blade monster razor and has been using bath soap to provide suds. I honestly don’t have any idea where to start with what to tell him. Any suggestions folks?

I really want to help point him in a general direction probably toward a brushless cream and a decent razor/blade combo but don’t have a clue what to tell him as far as shaving his head I haven’t ever done it.

Thanks for reading and for the advice in advance. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks.

TJ, I shave my head around my Mohawk and just use whatever I’m using for my face. It’s really no different.

The skin on your head is tougher than your face, so it’s actually easier. I’d still recommend starting with a mild razor. Or maybe a Rockwell 6C so he can adjust as he gets more comfortable.

And take it down with clippers first, then razor, or the razor will get clogged often.

Last edited:
If he is going to be doing it himself have him use a good shave soap but a bit thinner in lather. If he does not plant to use a straight, or go to a barbershop this is the best this I have to recommend to clients We use all of this in the shop, sometimes a clients head does not facilitate a straight razor head shave due to contours and such,

Non-Electric

Amazon.com: HeadBlade ATX Men's Head Shaving Razor: Health & Personal Care

Electric:

Amazon.com: Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Shaver & Grooming Kit by AsaVea: Five-Headed Beard, Hair Razor for a Perfect Bald Look, Cordless and Rechargeable: Health & Personal Care

Combo Kit:

Amazon.com: Moto Men's Head Shaving Starter Kit with 5oz HeadSlick Shaving Cream, Shaving Razor, Blade Refills: Sports & Outdoors

Post Shave:

hope this helps

Good shave TJ!

Why not start your dad off with something mild. Have any Techs around or maybe even a 6c? A decent synth (RR perhaps?) and a lightly scented soap to find his feet (unless you know scents he likes?)?

That thing looks like something you'd take out on the snow for some winter recreation!

That is a pretty brush. Still mad I missed out on the Black Friday price on that one. I had it in my cart and everything and it was swiped out from underneath me.

Back