The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well I did spend the vast majority of today with my baby boy sitting in my lap in my la-z-boy and napping. I did manage to get up long enough to cook hamburgers, was a load of dishes, and toss a few loads of clothes in the washer. But the nap and shave were the definition of relaxation

I just want to say, thank you for the update. Life is hard right now but I know you are strong. Saying a prayer for all of your family, including you. Take care of you and yours...we will be here when things are better and happier.

Sorry to hear brother. One day at a time man. Relaxing in the chair with the kid... how I miss that. Enjoy it while they are young.

Well after a considerable number of miserable days fighting this cold/flu bug I had I missed a few shaves and a ton of posting but hopefully can read up on a bunch of missed stuff from recently. Super short post but I put a new Feather in the 6c gunmetal with plate R5 and joined the I can eat it theme with tonight’s shave.

Thanks for reading folks and for the continued thoughts and prayers for my family. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Nice Shave Teej, and I feel you on the Flu thing, sharon and I keep trading it back and forth

I dunno, all you old guys keep getting sick. Glad to hear you’re on the mend.

The prices at Lilley are just that hot!!! Come on down for our fire sale! These parts are burning a hole in our pocket! Our salespeople were on fire this month!

Had enough yet?

The prices at Lilley are just that hot!!! Come on down for our fire sale! These parts are burning a hole in our pocket! Our salespeople were on fire this month!

Had enough yet?
I was going to say that clearly the competition does not like folks going to Lilley’s! Lol.

Well since my last post here tons has happened. I have begun having the dizziness/syncope spells again so not much in the way of shaving has occurred but a couple of shaves
337333BC-03F4-4E60-8E1B-3AB4C42B2960.jpeg5BC6CB38-D2C7-48E9-9DF8-7FC90FB89A71.jpeg
SWMBO likely will be having surgery in June for some metatarsal bone issues that have been giving her a fair amount of pain/discomfort. Stepmom had chemo treatment #2 and has now almost completely lost her hair. While I have been expressly forbidden to shave mine I may purchase a shemagh to show my support along with the earring I replaced my diamond stud with is a teal topaz the same color as the awareness ribbon for ovarian cancer.

Other disturbing occurrence was a coin that was in the handle of one of my brushes fell out and I am now in the process of figuring out what type of glue/bonding agent to use to put it back any suggestions? Also I am going to be rating all of my soaps, and my soap/post sets and am wondering if there are categories that I
A)have to include
B)not necessary but neat to know
C)absolutely don’t care if it’s there
I will be giving a ranking (opinion) in each category then as a total score if I own the set. This will hopefully help me determine what my true elite soaps are and then what post products take a really good soap into the elite level of used with. Hopefully it helps me and others should they choose to follow the opinions given with more information to base purchases on and knowledge that if a certain soap doesn’t work then why didn’t it.

Thanks for reading folks and following this insane collection of misadventures. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

Good to hear that you’re hanging in there brother. Sorry your headaches have started back up. Still offering prayers for your MIL and now your missus. Good choice showing solidarity with them in this time; I like your idea!

I’ll let the others speak to the brush and soaps; they are a bit more experienced than me, lol.

Back