The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Glad you got the moment to catch us all up brother. Not fun times for the family, but good to hear it’s better than what it could have been.

Thanks for the catchup TJ. Glad things are on the up and up for you and yours after having such a long period of heavy hits. Still praying for your mother.

It gives me joy to see you enjoying the razor so much. Glad you like it!

Thanks for the catchup TJ. Glad things are on the up and up for you and yours after having such a long period of heavy hits. Still praying for your mother.

It gives me joy to see you enjoying the razor so much. Glad you like it!

it is easily my favorite razor in the last 30 shaves or so I’ve used it 75-80 % of the time

Great update TJ! Life has been quite busy for you. But it sounds like you can handle it as it comes. Insurance companies really do suck. You have to fight them tooth and nail. But it sounds like things are happening and I hope and pray that it will all be taken care of soon. Hopes and prayers for your Stepmom!

Hey, I’ve been thinking about that evil looking shavette you have that takes all different blades. Haven’t see it for a while. Was it just too aggressive? What was the brand?

Hey, I’ve been thinking about that evil looking shavette you have that takes all different blades. Haven’t see it for a while. Was it just too aggressive? What was the brand?

Agressive is relatively mute with a shavette they are all nasty! It is made by Bespoke Damascus and I have only tried it with AC style blades. Maybe soon though I will be using it again!

Well it has been an insanely stressful and busy period of time for me. Stepmom started chemo and has begun to lose her hair. Her sister was admitted into the local cardio icu unit after being taken to the ER with a blood pressure of 310/205. And blood sugar level over 300. 3 strokes later she has no mobility of her Lower body and the strokes happened according to the doctor on the left side of her brain. She will soon be moved to a rehab unit to hopefully help her regain some of the skills lost.

I have been fighting a head cold trying to keep it from getting worse. And that has made concentration on even menial tasks difficult. Fortunately it seems to be breaking and I’m on the upswing.

Thanks for the continued prayers and thoughts throughout the difficult family time I have had lately. The group of you all that I call brothers have truly become my friends and family of sorts.

Tonight I will just leave the pic of my shave and know it was DSBBS because Kate came to play!

Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks. Thanks for reading and commenting about this adventure to the black hole of wet shaving!

Back