The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Maybe I am backwards. I am testing all the shaves with the heads of the razors closer to my skin and the blade more parallel to my face similar to what a SR blade would be.

Maybe I am backwards. I am testing all the shaves with the heads of the razors closer to my skin and the blade more parallel to my face similar to what a SR blade would be.

I understand you now. I think you just had steep and shallow flip flopped. I’ve always heard what you’re doing as being referred to as a shallow angle.

Nice date night selfie, hope you guys have a great night!

Kyle and Steve are correct. Steeper angle and you are riding the safety bar more. Shallower angle and you are riding the cap more.

All depends on the razor. Some work better steeper some shallower.

Kyle and Steve are correct. Steeper angle and you are riding the safety bar more. Shallower angle and you are riding the cap more. \n\nAll depends on the razor. Some work better steeper some shallower. \n\n
\n\nWell at least i know i\'m not crazy. At least not in that regard.
1f601.png

Good stuff TJ! trying to get caught up on everyone's journals! I love the pic! The only thing you could do to improve it was if you were not in it!
1f60b.png
I kid! I hope date night went well and that you and the missus had some quality time!

Good to see you got a bit of down time. Who made that brush there cowboy? The bottom grain is cool.

1/13/19. DE:10, SE:3, SR:0

Wonderfully blessed today by the visit with a friend I have been apart from for a couple years now. Then we took my MIL out for lunch and had a wonderful time with family.

The date night last last night was much needed and me and the missus watched Marvel’s Venom. I must say Tom Hardy is fantastic at the role for sure and 2 more movies are scheduled in the series so we shall see if it actually makes it that far.

Long week coming up as it is my turn to work 6 days and then we have our annual Ruritan auction this Saturday as well so it’s gonna be a massively busy week hopefully I can hop on and read most posts but may not comment much as time will be limited.

Tonights shave was the Plow vs. MW Irish Traveller finished with Royal Fougere by Asylum and the brush was the Stirling Tuxedo synthetic.

SOTD:

Thanks for reading and commenting folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

1/17/19. DE:11, SE:4, SR:0

Shorty from yesterday’s shave.
wow I’ve been busy this week with Ruritan and family stuff plus having to work a 6th day this week really kinks plans up.

put the OC plate back on the Fatip and it is heavenly!
Shave inspired by Spider for sure and what’s in the mug belongs in the mug!

1/18/19. DE:12, SE:4, SR:0

This is another quick entry but I’m really liking the shallowing of the angle of attack on every razor that will allow it. I do believe it needs some more investigation though.

R5 plate 6c, Sorrentino Padauk Cashmere, and WWSC Van Helsing

Back