The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I love the figuring on the handle of that brush. It might be one of the nicest pieces of Maple I've ever seen.

1/3/19:: (2
1f603.png
E, 1:SE, 0:SR)

Lessons learned! Personna Israeli Reds are 3-4 shave blades for me and I like the SB plate on this Piccolo almost as much as the OC!

I think it’s considered the Gentile plate! I wondered how it shaved. Hadn’t tried the Gentile yet. Glad you like both!

1/4/19. (3?.E., 1:SE, 0:SR)

In memorial to Honeybee Sue tonights shave soap is Cucumber Melon by Honeybee!

The rest of the lineup
Stirling Badger
Fatip Piccolo SpEd. SB/new Feather

Using this sample size that KJ Pif’d to me as the only other one I have from Sue is Mayan Gold and I used it on the day I read the news of her passing.

On to the homefront. Stepmom got the scan results and surgery was performed today which means the tumor and all the parts of her that it was connected to are gone. However it was found to be malignant and chemo will be a necessity in the coming days. Prayers are requested and appreciated my friends.

Thanks for reading! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Your sample puck is looking a little sad lol!
1f602.png

Good memorial shave though.

Glad your stepmom got taken care of quickly! Sorry to hear she’ll need the chemo treatments. Prayers for strength and peace on the way!

great shaves and glad they were able to remove the mass from your mother in law. Prayers that the chemo goes well.

I suppose the surgery now rather than later was good. Here to her any everyone getting all the support they need through this.

I suppose the surgery now rather than later was good. Here to her any everyone getting all the support they need through this.

Yes surgery now was the best possible outcome that we hoped for but the results from analysis were not the best news. But we are where we are and we will attempt to do the best we can with the hand we have been dealt!

1/5/19. (4: DE, 1:SE, 0:SR)

Well a interesting shave was had if nothing else. I decided to stick a brand new Treet Super Platinum into a razor that I had never used before. For Christmas my wife and kids gave me a new trimmer and a DE Three piece came with it called The Plow. Well I know I should’ve only changed one element at a time and I’m not really sure it was the right blade for this razor but I had a bump cut open and my Adam’s apple and about 4 other little small weepers but overall dry down BBS everywhere else. This razor has teeth for sure and it has a ton of blade feel. Tricky is an understatement.

Marblewood Boar by Sorrentino
The Plow / Treet SP new
GTB soap/splash

Thanks for reading my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Interesting, when I first saw The Plow I thought it was just a Tech II. That angle looks like the blade gap is bigger though.

Sorry the shave was rough!

Well well what a day so far. Church then home to eat corned beef and cabbage. And then find out my dishwasher is busted so off to the store to procure a new one!

Back