The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well you can at least break it up one day, as we Shave with Honeybee soaps on the 4th.

I hope that’s an allowable break.
This is a special case. A memorial shave will always be an allowable break from a 3017 in my book and will not count as using a cheat day.

1/1/19 (0: DE, 1:SE, 0:SRt, 0:SRr)

Well today was the beginning of the first time I have ever 3017’d a soap. Beginning weight was

168g. I will most likely be weighing this weekly on Sundays. This wasn’t the shave I had hoped for though as I was using
Sorrentino Legacy Tuxedo
Kate
and GTB
this should have been an easy BBS but no the blade must be shot because it was all skippy and tuggy and it left way more whiskers than it should have.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

If you're going to 3017 a soap you could do a lot worse. Sorry to hear about the rough shave, but there is always tomorrow~

Using one puck at a time is the natural order of things, gents!
1f609.png

1/2/19 (1: DE, 1:SE, 0:SRt, 0:SRr)

Day 2 of TSC CFG 3017 and shave 2 setup

Rockwell 6c plate 5 / new Astra SP
Sorrentino Manchurian White Badger
GTB soap/splash

Beautiful BBS shave and I’m digging this soap still so that’s a good sign.

Stepmom had a CT scan today and results hopefully will be in tomorrow. If those are favorable they will do surgery on Friday to remove the ovaries and the mass (cyst/cancer). If not treatments will be scheduled and that will happen before surgery.

Thanks again for all the prayers and continued support. I may be forced into a “S” word thingy of sorts as I may need to have availability of funds to travel and help Dad if needed. He only lives 120 miles one way away from me but if the trips become frequent enough shaving stuff will be kept to a minimum as I have enough for years currently anyway.

Thanks also for reading my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks!

Sending good vibes TJ!
Hoping for a good report TJ and there's nothing wrong with enjoying what you have already
All caught up TJ. Nice reads and so far I am enjoying the CFG 3017.
If you're going to 3017 a soap you could do a lot worse. Sorry to hear about the rough shave, but there is always tomorrow~

Thanks for reading guys and the comments. It is always nice to hear feedback especially if something went awry. I did figure out that the blade in yesterday’s Kate shave was nicked up almost had like a rolled edge so it was dull as heck

Good luck with the home front. Thoughts with you.
I will S with you as a show of support if you decide to do it.
Granted my one exception is if my Charcoal Goods waitlist number comes up. Well and if three is a really nice Paladin Brush I need. Well don’t need but want.

No seriously keep us posted.

1/2/19 (1: DE, 1:SE, 0:SRt, 0:SRr)
I’m digging this soap still so that’s a good sign.
I would hope you weren’t burned out after 2 shaves!

Thank you for taking the time to share what’s happening. Sure have been keeping things on my mind.

1/3/19:: (2?E, 1:SE, 0:SR)

Lessons learned! Personna Israeli Reds are 3-4 shave blades for me and I like the SB plate on this Piccolo almost as much as the OC!

Back