The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Nice TJ. Please let your stepmom know there are many people thinking about your whole family. Blessings to all of you.

Great shave and reflections on the reason for the season! Continued prayers for your step mom!

Thanks guys for the kind thoughts and well wishes. We spent a really relaxing evening tonight around a bonfire with my mother and my aunt. I really need more moments that cause me to reflect on my family.

Sounds like you have your priorities right, my friend. Praying for step-mother. May He give you wisdom and grace.

Sounds like you have your priorities right, my friend. Praying for step-mother. May He give you wisdom and grace.

Thanks John! It means a bunch more than maybe you all realize that people who I have never met in person have become such an amazing resource and support system for me!

I think you are absolutely right TJ! This time of year is especially important to make memories. It will be these that we take with us into life! Saying a prayer for your step-mother...I am certain that everything will be well! Merry Christmas!

I enjoyed your read and catch up TJ. It was very nice to read. Trying to instill the true meaning to my kids while still letting them be kids is a difficult task, I hope I am doing it right.

T12/25/18! Christmas shave!

First let me say Merry Christmas to each one of you folks. This time of year is special and I do genuinely care for each of you!

First I must show you all what I gave the boss lady

Then on to the shaving related items I received from her and then my SOTD pics that do my Rudolph exchange gift way more justice than the opening video did.

Now my exchange buddy did a fantastic job of finding an item that I was both interested in and an item that includes family which any of you that reads this journal knows is an important part of me.
Tonights shave I’m dedicating to the true gifts of friendship I have with each of the cadre members.

The razor—-Fatip Piccolo OC plate /New Israeli Red —- courtesy of GearNoir
The soap—— SC Respect—-courtesy of Clyde72
The brush——-Stirling Boar—— Clyde72
The post—— Avon Island Lime in a Straight 8 —- courtesy of a wonderful PiF from a sugar daddy!

Thanks for reading folks and commenting on my journey! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

12/26/18.

The shave of the day is brought to you by MW soaps. At first you may remember I tried these with a boar brush and warmer water. Gave me a good later but it lacked residual and post shave which I later found out is what Michelle’s soap is known for having above anything else. Well after some fairly quick response from the knowledgeable guys here I found out that it liked a bit cooler water and no boar brushes so tonight I used the PK-47 Cobalt Paladin and again the Fatip Piccolo Special Edition OC. Israeli Personna Red and Irish Traveller Mystic Water soap. Now the finale of the shave is my stellar gift from a customer today so I had to hit this one tonight for sure.

Let me make note that I am surprised at the weight of the Piccolo. Some research may be needed but I believe it is plated brass and even though it has a short handle it is still hefty enough that I don’t feel the need to apply extra pressure.

Yes ladies and gentlemen that is CREED Green Irish Tweed! Boom that is the third Creed scent this customer has gotten for me over the past few years.

Im glad that the Christmas hustle has slowed a bit. Haven’t had the opportunity to spend any time with my dad yet though as the situation with my stepmom is still weighing heavily over us. Hopefully we will get some time together soon.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

Wow a full sized Creed scent as a business appreciation gift?! You work with some awesome folks! I’m sure you’ve earned it many times over with how busy you’ve been the last few months.

Yes the Fatip is 100% plated brass and the Piccolo handle is solid as opposed to the Grande which is cored out.

Wow a full sized Creed scent as a business appreciation gift?! You work with some awesome folks! I’m sure you’ve earned it many times over with how busy you’ve been the last few months.

Yes the Fatip is 100% plated brass and the Piccolo handle is solid as opposed to the Grande which is cored out.

He gave me Original Vetiver first 4 years ago or so, then Aventus, and now GIT. I think his wife does the appreciation gift shopping because she always comments on when folks smell good men, women, kids sh just likes good smelling things

Okay...I think I need a career change!
1f60b.png
Nice exchange gift from Chris! And yes...that little razor has some heft to it and packs a punch!

Still saying a prayer fro your stepmom! Hoping things work out for the best!

I have never tried Creed but even the name sounds noble!! Sounds like our customers recognize what a great guy you are.

Still praying for your step-mom and family....keep looking up.

12/29/18.

We had a bit of mom, dad, and youngest son time tonight so the shave was late and I am now tired.

Rockwell Model T 5.5 / not sure what blade
SV Dolomiti soap / splash
Sorrentino Legacy tuxedo

all i I can say is this was one of those shaves that everything just came toyfor a 3 pass no cleanup BBS+!

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

12/30/18.

HB Sue tribute quick post

Mayan Gold Honeybee soap
Stirling Boar
Rockwell Model T 5.5 and it’s a Feather in there but I ain’t sure how many shaves is on it.

Somber silent shave in memorial to Honeybee Sue!

Thanks for reading.

Prayers and God’s blessings to you all!

Back