The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great shave TJ!

I'm sure your son will be pedaling before you know how it happened.

4/5/18 (SS 17)

Somber shave today. A long time friend of the family lost a young man at the age of 34 Tuesday. His funeral for close friends and family is tomorrow so tonight I needed a sure thing.

PdP 63 pre,soap,and post Stirling Boar and Kate with a Feather Pro.

Super short entry as I’m trying to type this and put a almost 2yr old to sleep.

Thanks for reading, and hope you all have a awesome Friday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Wow TJ. 34 is way too young. Prayers and condolences. You picked a good lineup though

Sorry that’s the reason for the shave TJ. Something one of us wants to be touched by.

When the kiddos have trouble sleeping, just flip over to the journals page and start reading.

4/7/18. (SS 17)

Quick entry because I’ve had one heck of a headache from lack of sleep. Baby boy kept me up til 5am and my head has hurt since. At least I’m gonna smell like a boss though because anyone who knows me knows what the pic of today’s shave means

DocHoliday0831 said:
i think it’s a cold but the last couple nights he has been super fussy, clingy, and not wanting to sleep.

Our daughter has been cutting teeth. Makes for long nights. Could he be cutting a molar? Those long lasting colds can be a bigger though if that's what it is. Hope the little guy is feeling good soon. Hard to function on limited sleep.

Sorry to hear that the little'un is not feeling tip top, but that shave set up is first class all the way. Boss would be a great descriptor for it!

Catching up TJ, nice shaves and reads, and I will 2nd the motion on the Pro blades in the RX. Sorry for your loss, prayers your way

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts gentlemen! What really stinks is that he was one year younger than me and his heart just quit. No explanation possible to make me understand it

DocHoliday0831 said:
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts gentlemen! What really stinks is that he was one year younger than me and his heart just quit. No explanation possible to make me understand it

FWIW TJ, I had the same thought when I passed the age that my father died (48) The only thing that gave me solace was cliche, I know, but he was due for a higher calling and got the call to the Big Leagues... "Only the Good Die Young"

I think there is something to those words. No rhyme, no reason, it just is. and he is now in paradise. just my opinion of course

Xenostr8shaver said:
FWIW TJ, I had the same thought when I passed the age that my father died (48) The only thing that gave me solace was cliche, I know, but he was due for a higher calling and got the call to the Big Leagues... "Only the Good Die Young"

I think there is something to those words. No rhyme, no reason, it just is. and he is now in paradise. just my opinion of course

i agree it just seemed strange the doctors can’t say why

4/8/18 (SS 18)

Temptation got the best of me after bidding on some traditional straight razors and hopefully winning. “Vlad” was really really lonely on the shelf and I already had a broken Astra SP so why not.

WWSC Peace Pipe for shave soap and Frag
Tabac as post shave and of course the Nivea and thayers
CBL unscented preshave soap
suds whipped by Sorrentino Tuxedo
(MMOC on shelf for reserve if needed)

SOTD

Also placed a bid on an adjustable Injectah and some bigger rocks and a strop along with 5 traditional straight razors. My idea I was toying around with about trying to make one sharp will hopefully happen soon!!!

The shave was the closest straight result to a shave with “Kate” I’ve had to date. BBS+ on face and BBS - on neck and jawline. 3 full passes with “Vlad” and he got zero blood.

Peace Pipe by Wild West Soap is a Pipe smoke, Vetiver, and Smokey Birch scented slice of wonderful stuff at a really reasonable price. My only complaint is container size but I can overlook that for the performance and scent easily.

Thanks for reading folks, Have a fantastic Monday tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

Wonderful straight shave today TJ! Good luck on the auctions...hopefully you come away with at least some of what you bid on.

Back