The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

4/10/18 (SS 18)

Wow today went by like a bullet train!

Had a PIF package come in and will locate the photo of it in the new arrivals section.

Fougere was the theme of the night as I will be in class all day tomorrow for some training on inspection of cores before returning them to the vendor. Yes gents it is a very involved thing.

SOTD :

Have a great Wednesday folks thanks for following along. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

I'm with Josh! That's a really cool pic! I also agree that everyone really NEEDS to have an injector in the arsenal.

No shave today as I have one of my migraines. This one was because I got off my schedule this morning and had to drive 2 hours to class so I left way earlier from home than normal. In the rush I forgot to take all of my allergy meds and didn’t use the eye drops either. This is one of those ok Murphy I learned my lesson days.

have a wonderful evening folks and a great day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

Great shave and pic, TJ. Royal Fougere is a favorite, and one that will always have a place in the den.

I can't relate to the migraines as I have never had a headache that was that crippling. But I see what they do to my wife when she gets one. They are no joke! Hope it passed quickly for you.

Xenostr8shaver said:
Sorry about the headache TJ hope it passes soon
Thanks Dave
Smattayu said:
Great shave and pic, TJ. Royal Fougere is a favorite, and one that will always have a place in the den.
It is really good stuff but then again so is the Rustic Gaelic Tweed.
Dagwoodz said:
Hope the allergies subside sooner than later, TJ.
Thanks Josh
Cvargo said:
I can't relate to the migraines as I have never had a headache that was that crippling. But I see what they do to my wife when she gets one. They are no joke! Hope it passed quickly for you.
It did finally pass after I took my prescription headache meds that I absolutely hate and drifted somewhat against my will off to sleep. I made sure this morning all allergy meds and eye drops were done before I even thought about breakfast no headache today hopefully.

Sorry to hear about the migraine TJ. Hope with all the meds on board, today works out better for you.

There was a time I kept a couple of Imitrex inhalers in my EDC. Thankfully (or maybe not) I eventually had the TIA and now I don't have the pain any more. ? (I have to laugh if it weren't so horrifying)

Majorrich said:
There was a time I kept a couple of Imitrex inhalers in my EDC. Thankfully (or maybe not) I eventually had the TIA and now I don't have the pain any more.
1f603.png
(I have to laugh if it weren't so horrifying)

I have the pill meds (can’t remember trade name mine are generic) but haven’t ever used the injection type (screw needles). And there have been a couple of headache days I almost wanted my wife to take me to the ER because I thought that TIA was on me it hurt so bad.

I knew when mine hit it wasn't as bad as the earlier spikes, but I couldn't make intelligible words come out of my mouth. Thankfully, it only lasted an hour at most. I am blessed that my genetics seem to have saved me. I've had 7 more since that first one, but they have all been very minor. All sprouted from the blood pressure spikes caused by the Pheo.

4/15/18 (SS 19)

Wow it has been insanely busy since Thursday. Friday night we had a small party for the baby boy turning 2 at my moms house, I had to work Saturday morning and then my dad came to visit for the baby boys birthday. Today grilled out for the family after church and am currently sitting in a chair enjoying a Jim Beam Black and relaxing.

Taking a new to me razor for a spin tonight was interesting. The Weck loaded with a Personna blade and guard left in place for the inaugural event. I did have a MMOC on standby just in case I had a visit from “He-Who-Won’t-Be-Named”. The software was SV Manna dI Sicilia and the brush was my Sorrentino Cashmere.

SOTD :

It wasn’t BBS but it was super comfortable and blood free. The last couple of days my focus has been on this little man

Have a a great Monday folks. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get caught up on all the journals I haven’t read yet. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

Back