The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

You have been shaving with some really great soaps lately. If you have the time...how do you like that B&M 42 Soap. Those scent notes seem very interesting!

I am glad that the end is in sight...and while you may not think you have posted a lot...I think we can gleam some things about you TJ. Especially that you are a super hard worker! Hope you get some rest and reprieve soon!

I really like the scent on 42! It is polarizing for sure though some love it some hate it!
Yeh, I'd be in the latter.
1f60e.png

I know this is the busy season but still love to hear a report on the Model T. You are the first person I know of that actually has it in their possession.

I know this is the busy season but still love to hear a report on the Model T. You are the first person I know of that actually has it in their possession.
\n\nI will most definitely give a full report and a complete comparison to the 6c, 6s, and Parker Variant. May do that in a video not sure if I can figure out how to write all that up on my phone.

12/6/2018!

Today’s shave was an absolutely fabulous thing.

Rockwell Model T (3.5) / Feather (4)
AOS Vetiver & Citrus cream
Sorrentino Boar
Avon Island Lime splash
Creed Original Vetiver scent

After being pulled over yesterday by the NC Highway Patrol I did not have time nor give a rip for shaving. I didn’t even get a ticket my assumption is that he suspected I was not wearing my safety belt and pulled me over with the first statement being “sorry to bother you tonight but I believed your tail light was broken.”

The boss lady has caught some sort of tummy virus also and it is making it a bunch more difficult to accomplish time for myself. Hopefully she is on the upswing from it now though she did manage to eat a bit of supper.

Now on to the me part.

The preliminaries are in for this razor and it was good enough that now instead of a loaner I own it. Still have a bunch of putting it through its paces to do but after 4 shaves 3 on setting 3 and 1 on about 3.5 I can tell you that I have only experienced these results from a handful of razors. It is extremely well built and is smooth to the face with almost non existent blade feel on the 3 setting without sacrificing anything in the efficiency department. I am excited to continue to use this one and sincerely hope the folks that have not received theirs yet actually do receive it. I haven’t ever participated in a Kick-starter type thing as I am always scared they would take my money and I wouldn’t ever get the resulting product.

This has been easily a top 10 shave borderline top 5.

Thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

Nice shave TJ! I’ve never done a kickstarter program either, but it sounds like you made the right decision.

Sorry to hear about the run in with the Highway Patrol. I’ve heard the broken tail light routine is one that is used when they need a reason to pull you over but don’t have one lol. Glad you were able to get away with no tickets!

What an update! Glad the Highway Patrol incident turned out to be nothing.

Hope the missus feels better (and the virus doesn’t spread)!

Congrats on the acquisition! That’s awesome!

Alright, first. No fair to talk such high praise for something we can all order for delivery next week. Sounds like (another) one to put on the list.

Sorry about the bug. Has to be adding to the heckticness of the season for sure. Hope you’re not too far away from some quality recliner time brother.

Very cool looking razor. I never did the whole kickstarter thing but I was tempted. Sorry you got pulled over. I do have a story about being pulled over one time. Perhaps I will put that in a thread somewhere.

And yes how is the scent on the cream. I have been tempted by that one everytime I am at the mall

12/8/2018

Rockwell Model T / Feather
Stirling Tuxedo Synth
SV Cosmo soap/splash

I set the razor on 4 for this shave and got the angle just a bit off. Do not do that with any razor with a feather blade or the alum block will punish your mistake all over. With that said it was a no cleanup DFS+ borderline BBS- 3-pass shave. I am so glad I was able to acquire this razor and the full write up will be coming after all settings are tested.

SOTD:

Well I woke up this morning to an unnatural (not really but we don’t get it often) occurrence here.

Hopefully it will be cleared off before tonight and our Winter festival at the church. If not the turnout could suffer harshly for it.

It is also gonna come straight down to the wire with the 12/14 deadline for the Rudolph Exchange. I am still waiting for a package to get here and part of the local aspect to be completed.

Thanks for reading my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Back