The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

11/5/18-11/6/18

Well no post in here yesterday obviously! And I am glad that I didn’t have to go back to work this evening. Got off yesterday and hit the barbershop on my way home, being on call this week I ended up having to go back in to the office for about 45 minutes before picking up baby boy and actually making it home. After a hurried no shell taco salad supper I hit the den and threw a passable guaranteed BBS at myself——- I was wrong!

Blade has spent its last in my Injector and the best I could pull out of it was DFS-.

The Palamino soap from WWSC is a winner for me though I think it, Van Helsing, and Wyatt Earp May be pushing for the seat of favorite scent from Russell.

Now we move onward to today!

Up early this morning so we could be out in time to hit the Voting booth before work. A long day at the office led to a child that decided that tonight was a good night to absolutely lose his mind and mouth off to mommy. (I got a black eye the last time I did). Considerable punishment was delt out and I enjoyed some beanless chili and pork rinds. I did miss rice or something with the chili but didn’t miss the beans all that much. Trying to be much lower on my carb count is becoming much more difficult finding products for a quick meal. Also got a mail call and the Strop Shoppe soaps that I picked up arrived! All I can say is wow these things smell absolutely fantastic in the tub and I am not ready to judge the final rating on it yet but it is very nice!
I assume full responsibility for any enabled purchases from the photos you are about to see!

Sorrentino High Mountain White Manchurian badger
Ghost Town DE Fatboy / Rubie
Strop Shoppe Baker Street
Stirling Baker Street Balm/splash

thanks for reading the trip to the abyss! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

Oh and @NurseDave Delta Echo has assured me they can replace the RX and have zero issues he even quoted me on it before I got my GEM Clog-Pruf done.

11/5/18-11/6/18

Well no post in here yesterday obviously! And I am glad that I didn’t have to go back to work this evening. Got off yesterday and hit the barbershop on my way home, being on call this week I ended up having to go back in to the office for about 45 minutes before picking up baby boy and actually making it home. After a hurried no shell taco salad supper I hit the den and threw a passable guaranteed BBS at myself——- I was wrong!

Blade has spent its last in my Injector and the best I could pull out of it was DFS-.

The Palamino soap from WWSC is a winner for me though I think it, Van Helsing, and Wyatt Earp May be pushing for the seat of favorite scent from Russell.

Now we move onward to today!

Up early this morning so we could be out in time to hit the Voting booth before work. A long day at the office led to a child that decided that tonight was a good night to absolutely lose his mind and mouth off to mommy. (I got a black eye the last time I did). Considerable punishment was delt out and I enjoyed some beanless chili and pork rinds. I did miss rice or something with the chili but didn’t miss the beans all that much. Trying to be much lower on my carb count is becoming much more difficult finding products for a quick meal. Also got a mail call and the Strop Shoppe soaps that I picked up arrived! All I can say is wow these things smell absolutely fantastic in the tub and I am not ready to judge the final rating on it yet but it is very nice!
I assume full responsibility for any enabled purchases from the photos you are about to see!

Sorrentino High Mountain White Manchurian badger
Ghost Town DE Fatboy / Rubie
Strop Shoppe Baker Street
Stirling Baker Street Balm/splash

thanks for reading the trip to the abyss! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

Oh and @NurseDave Delta Echo has assured me they can replace the RX and have zero issues he even quoted me on it before I got my GEM Clog-Pruf done.

Nice shaves TJ! That is one awesome looking razor, Delta Echo does the best paint jobs IMO.

its also cool you managed to track down some Strop Shoppe, when they closed down people were grabbing these up like crazy. Have a few samples but forgot how performance was. They did have some interesting scents, plus Stirling picked up their Baker Street fragrance so it can still be obtained which was cool of Strop Shoppe to do that.

Strong shaves, even if the ‘Jectah wasn’t quite up to par!

Considerable punishment was delt out and I enjoyed some beanless chili and pork rinds.
Very smooth transition!

Have you ever had chili and cinnamonrolls? It’s a must try! (I like chili and rice too)

Well it may not have been the best shave in the world...but damn! I bet you smell good!

It's great you are trying to cut back on carbs. If you need a suggestion or two about food...send me a PM and I might be able to suggest something. Our modern society has made it all too easy to pick up something and go...but most of that food is processed or just isn't good for us at all.

I make a mean "Cave Man" Chili. Even my wife (who is not doing low carb) and my father-in-law (who thinks chocolate is a food staple and that brown sugar is a condiment) love it! Sometimes I do wish I had something along the lines of a cracker or bread or rice...but then I think about how much healthier I am and how I healed myself of the fatty liver I had as well as pull myself back from the brink of diabetes. Keep on it man...you are doing great!

All caught up, TJ - great stuff. I enjoyed the photo of the turkeys. We have family property in southwest Alabama where the turkey season is only in the spring. And it never fails, when deer hunting, seeing several turkeys. But that's OK. One late afternoon, while on a deer stand, a big Gobbler meandered out under my stand and walked around for what seemed like 10 minutes. The sun was hitting it just right and it really illuminated the colors of that bird - it was a beautiful sight - wish I had had a camera then.

11/5/18-11/6/18
Hmmmmmm. I've actually read some concerning things recently about DE not answering emails and taking a very long time for turn around.

Hmmmmmm. I've actually read some concerning things recently about DE not answering emails and taking a very long time for turn around.

I did not have that issue with them when they did my Gem and my Fatboy as far as the not answering part. I did have a 6-7 week turn around from them receiving my razors to me getting them back but he let me know that ahead of time. Maybe the issues are with the amount of workflow they have at a given period of time.

Back