The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Yes...happy Birthday to your Mom and I hope the meal is an enjoyable one!

Island Lime is definitely my favorite lime aftershave! And I think it lasts longer than most lime aftershaves also!

Avon Island Lime - the BEST lime scented juice out there!
1f44d.png

And Happy B'Day to your mom!

Hey TJ, you get to enjoy that bed over the weekend or are you on call?

10/27/18.

Wow what a shave!

Rockwell 6c 1st shave with R5 plate / Rubie (4)
Sorrentino Padauk Cashmere
WWSC Van Helsing soap and cologne
Osage and WK Cuero Oscuro splashes as post

SOTD:

HCDSBBSG shave results on 3 passes with one cleanup stroke that I think was because I missed the spot. I am really really digging the 6c and am surprised by the results so far.

Going to go watch the wife and oldest son’s makeup Karate class today then maybe some antique store looking and picking up my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2. Church tomorrow then lunch and stuff at the in-laws house. Had a stellar supper with mom last night Longhorn Steakhouse was where she chose and I was more than happy to oblige that request. Gonna start really really watching my carb intake next week and hopefully I get the results I think I can achieve. Was dead on 200 lbs at the doctors office Thursday and that has to change sooner rather than later.

Thanks for reading folks and commenting on my journey to the bottom of the abyss. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

10/29/18—-10/30/18

Double shave post in one tonight as it was almost midnight before we got in bed. We are trying to fight the “There’s a monster under my bed” deal with a 2 yr old.

So yesterday was my travel setup or a variant of it.

Parker Variant on 4.5 with I don’t remember what blade is in it.
Satin Tip Purest black synthetic
LaToja stick soap
Thayers Lavender and Nivea post shave

DFS- result from being rushed and the blade may be giving up.

Tonight I went all classic and vintage. Did try a new preshave beard wash from BadAss Beard care. Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Tea Tree. Scent is good and it cleans super well but I do not like the peppermint oil on my skin very long at all.

The soap for tonight was new to me but it is definitely older than me. Also went back to the 6c testing. The current owner has made me an offer to purchase it so I can’t pass that up and since she really really likes the scent of a couple of things he sent to me she said I could buy it.

The Shave tonight

Colgate vintage soap
Stirling Badger
Rockwell 6c R5 Rubie ?
Barbasol Pacific Rush splash

As I was shaving and the Boss was taking her bath the oldest boy was in his bathroom taking a bath and the baby was watching cartoons. I hear the baby sing “baby shark” then my wife follows with “mommy” I follow with “daddy” the oldest did “grandma “ and we alternated until I screwed up the sons and ended it early. It was funny but I really don’t care much for that song!

Have a wonderful day tomorrow folks thanks for reading and commenting! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Back