The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

That's pretty cool. We don't have any pirate stuff around here. As far as I know.

We did the trip last year to the festival at Okrakoke, NC the place where Blackbeard was killed. That festival is next weekend but it was disappointing last year and the boy would rather go to the camp out. This one was surprising and not disappointed any at all!!

10/21/18.

Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
LNHC Smoked Black Tea soap
Rockwell 6c R4 plate
new Rubie plus
post 1 Fine Fresh Vetiver
post 2 LNHC Plaide Clòimhe elixir/beard oil

SOTD:

Three pass BBS with a tad bit of cleanup is a more than acceptable result! I’m really digging this razor and the Rubie blades have quickly become my favorite ones.

Very interesting day. The oldest boy led one of the songs at church this morning then we had an appreciation lunch for the pastor and the youth minister. Then a young lady came to our door and asked to use our phone. I let her use the phone and she left. An hour or so later a couple sheriffs deputy’s were riding around near my home. One stopped and asked had I seen the young lady and informed me she had run away from her foster family. As of last night around 9 pm she had still not been found.

Thanks for reading folks have a great day today! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

An hour or so later a couple sheriffs deputy’s were riding around near my home. One stopped and asked had I seen the young lady and informed me she had run away from her foster family. As of last night around 9 pm she had still not been found.

Nice Shave TJ! Glad you are digging the 6c.

This makes me sad. Doing the type of work I used to do...I can't help but think that the girl is in a bad situation. Foster homes are tough for teenagers and the system is unforgiving. But the streets are no better. I hope and pray she is found safe.

Nice pirate photos!

Sad situation about the girl. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't caution against letting strangers come into your house to make a phone call (not in this day and age). That's one of the oldest tricks in the book. When I began reading your sentence, "Then a young lady came to our door and asked to use our phone..." I was quite nervous for what the rest was going to reveal. With that being said, I hope she is alright.

Ugh, that's really sad about the girl. This stuff will effect her forever.

Thanks for reading guys! I sincerely hope that she found somewhere warm last night to sleep or that she was found before it got too cold, last night was unseasonably chilly for here down into the low 30's last night. My heart goes out to all persons in this situation and i hope for all of them that a resolution is found sooner rather than later.

Nice pirate photos!

Sad situation about the girl. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't caution against letting strangers come into your house to make a phone call (not in this day and age). That's one of the oldest tricks in the book. When I began reading your sentence, "Then a young lady came to our door and asked to use our phone..." I was quite nervous for what the rest was going to reveal. With that being said, I hope she is alright.

She waited on the porch. I have yet to become trusting enough to allow what could be danger that close to my boys and wife. I am never completely unarmed as i studied martial arts for many years but as my age progresses the armory has increased to things i do not have to be quite as close to the attack to be defended.

10/22/18.

WK DM Fougere Bouquet soap/splash
Paladin PK-47 select Badger
Rockwell 6c R4/ Rubie (2)
Penhaligon’s English Fern frag

Wow what a day! Super busy at work and then home to do housework before the guy delivers the new mattress tomorrow. If I sleep as well on it as I hope I may need to take Wednesday off just to revel in its wonderfulness!

Thanks for reading folks! Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers!

Awesome pic TJ!

Don't be surprised if for the first week or two you are a little uncomfortable with your new mattress. Sometimes it takes a bit for your body to adjust to the new alignment. But I'm with you...if it takes immediately..then take a day off and enjoy it!

We are getting to the point of needing a new mattress soon. Will be curious to hear what you say.

Who's going to call him at 3am to make sure he's sleeping okay?

Back