The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

We got our basic select comfort and added a memory foam topper to feel like the pricier models. Can adjust as wanted slthough I seldom do. Each control our own side and feels same as 21 years ago when purchased. Best $900 I ever spent. I am afraid of what they run now though when I need to replace it.

Well today was not a good day.

Last night the remnants of Hurricane Michael blew through my area with a mean mean vengeance. Our pool is completely demolished and we had no lights for about 16 hours but otherwise no damages. Just a bunch of cleaning up to get done and I am really gonna need a shave tonight to wind down.

10/12/18.

Well I got the pool cleaned up and hauled off. A large tree fell in the wooded lot next to my house so I am going to ask the owner if I can cut some of it for burning in our fire pit. Now on to the shave

Again the R6 plate in the 6s delivered a major grail shave.

A&E Revolution soap
Fine Platinum splash.
Feather blade
Stirling Tuxedo Synthetic

SOTD

I almost have myself and the boss convinced I either need a 6c or 6s so I am really torn as to what route to go. I know I like the 6s but the 6c rest will prove if I can spend 50$ or 100$.

Thanks for reading folks. Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

Wow, haven’t seen the news for a couple days. That’s some major stuff. Glad the damage wasn’t to the house.

You know you’re going to go with the 6S. TJ doesn’t go half way.

10/13/18.

Me and Momma got rid of the kids for the night and after a successful day shopping we even went to the spirits store and I can honestly say that Jim Beam Devil’s Cut is a very very good Bourbon!

We found me a chair to replace a 10 year old one and we also found a very very attractive deal on a Serta IComfort mattress. We love Serta products and when we looked and felt and the kids climbed on it I couldn’t feel any movement at all. It was at that moment we decided that we were buying that one price be darned.

SOTD:

R6 plate 6s with Feather blade (3)
Stirling Baker St soap,balm, and splash
Sorrentino Macassar Ebony Manchurian high mountain white badger

BBS for the win

Have a wonderful day tomorrow folks thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

Back