The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

....the “Tabacaveg” scent is in no way anywhere near something that should ever be used not even to was a hog in a slip stall....

ROTFLMAO! I'm with ya, TJ. The Veg ruins everything! It truly is "repulsive"!
1f61d.png

HAHAHAHA it's an acquired taste. Some say it's sophistication like a fine wine or an aged peaty whisky, others think your nose is broken. It's all a personal choice.

ROTFLMAO! I'm with ya, TJ. The Veg ruins everything! It truly is "repulsive"!
1f61d.png

Glad I am not a lone ranger.
hog in a slip stall. adding that to the vocabulary!
That scent corrupted my ability to think and type it should hay wash a hog in a slop stall

thanks for reading glad to add a bit of humor to someones day.

So, you liked the scent?
Can you fix my brush?

HAHAHAHA it's an acquired taste. Some say it's sophistication like a fine wine or an aged peaty whisky, others think your nose is broken. It's all a personal choice.
If fine wine smells like that im gonna start dringing rubbing alcohol.

On a different note, I realized at some point i stopped counting shaves. Not sure why but that part really just hasnt mattered to me. I suspect though that from the other place and now here i am not quite to 100 straight shaves so for sake of argument from this forward my count will start at 75 straight shaves. The SE and DE shaves i ain't even remotely going there.

Really quick post tonight folks.

Rockwell 6s R6 plate Treet Platinum blade left me BBS after 2 passes and the third pass sent a second shave in a row to grail status.

Man TJ...you are having some awesome shaves as of late and learning something along the way!

All this Rockwell talk has piqued my interest more and more. Can you make an all-in-one quick description on the various plate combos and your impressions of each?

All this Rockwell talk has piqued my interest more and more. Can you make an all-in-one quick description on the various plate combos and your impressions of each?
Am planning to do just that once I finish testing all of them. Also am being sent a 6c to compare the 6s to and give my thoughts on that.
Did I miss where he posted that a 6S has been ordered?
haven't ordered it yet, once i get the 6c loaner i am going to compare the two and then maybe make a decision as to which one to order.

Took last night off. Rockwell testing continues tonight.

My plan is after testing the Karve previously, now the 6s, and the 6c will be coming soon to give my full comparison and reviews of all 3 at that point.

10/11/18.

Rockwell 6s continues

SOTD:

Rockwell 6s R6 plate / new Feather blade
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Asylum Vetiver Bourbon splash

Let’s just say I loaded a Feather to try and find something not to like about this razor. My full review later will explain a bit more in depth but a WTG/Mod ATG left me BBSG and I did a bit of cleanup and ended with a Kate level grail shave and third grail level shave in a row.

On the home front busy weekend coming up and we are going La-Z-boy and mattress shopping I hope. We absolutely need a new mattress and my chair is wore slap out.

Thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks.

Nice TJ. Hope you find what works in mattresses. We are at year 21 with a select comfort basic model. Love it and would get another when/if needed.

Nice TJ. How you find what works in mattresses. We are at year 21 with a select comfort basic model. Love it and would get another when/if needed.

Our preference is firm support with a soft pillowy top. We bought a fairly mid level Serta last time and it only had sleeping surface on one side so flipping it occasionally was out of the question. It’s on year 12 and when my back starts giving me issues it’s time for a new one. We go to a trusted local furniture store and he informs us of the options and what they are reporting to be firmness level wise. We lay on them and figure out what we think fits comfortably and fits our budget.

Back