The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I’ve probably missed it multiple times, but when you say Kate, who are you meaning to reference (actual person I mean, not simply the razor) if anyone?

Every time you say Kate, I see Kate from Lost:

Ooooh I see! I’ve seen Tombstone but for some reason the name Kate didn’t register that way...and never really read any history on it unfortunately.

10/4/18

RAZOROCKtober shave 1

Ok Quick entry for tonight mostly because I am beginning to get tired and my finger really really really is sore! From about two weeks from now until late November or early December either myself or one of the guys under me will be on call (usually me) for the cotton harvest needs of the customer base. We need to make it through the current peanut harvest first but that isn’t as time critical of an operation as cotton harvest. With that said entries may be short for a considerable time in the next couple months.

Rockwell 6S “R4” / Rubie (12-13 I think)
Stirling Tuxedo Synth
Razorock “Plague Doctor” set

Hope you all have a wonderful Fantastic Friday tomorrow. Thanks for reading! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters!

Hmmm... what does Plague Doctor smell like?

The can says “17th century Venice White Musk, Herbs, and Spices”.

To me it it smells like a really woody garden at an old Plantation home about an hour from my house.

The splash is reminesiant of a holistic medicine shop in that it is herbal and clean but you can tell it is there.

The can says “17th century Venice White Musk, Herbs, and Spices”.

To me it it smells like a really woody garden at an old Plantation home about an hour from my house.

The splash is reminesiant of a holistic medicine shop in that it is herbal and clean but you can tell it is there.

Thanks. That kinda sounds good!

Thanks. That kinda sounds good!

I looked and looked at this one for about 3-4 months thinking it might go way to floral for me. I finally caught the soap and splash on the bay for like 15$ for the pair and took that chance. Glad I did but it is one of those once in a while scents for me nice but I have better.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the “R4” plate for me is an easy DFS shaver but seems to struggle to get the full BBS shave. Always leaves a patch here and there with a few stubbles. This Rubie blade on the other hand seems to be getting better the longer I stretch it. This was 13 it had 12 previously and I feel like it is on where an Astra for me would be at day 3 and I get about a week out of those so we shall see. Usually blades degrade more quickly for me than they start up.

Don't work too hard TJ! Never thought about October as being harvest time for cotton and peanuts. I should know better...we have cotton here in Louisiana. Either way...I do find the study of crops very interesting. The types that are brought in...what it takes for maximum yield...the various uses for each crop...etc, etc, etc. I took an agricultural study of the middle ages in college one semester. It was one of the most interesting classes I took. Though I believe I have forgotten almost all of it.

Get some rest when you can!

Don't work too hard TJ! Never thought about October as being harvest time for cotton and peanuts. I should know better...we have cotton here in Louisiana. Either way...I do find the study of crops very interesting. The types that are brought in...what it takes for maximum yield...the various uses for each crop...etc, etc, etc. I took an agricultural study of the middle ages in college one semester. It was one of the most interesting classes I took. Though I believe I have forgotten almost all of it.

Get some rest when you can!

That is my job in a nutshell. Helping farmers by getting them parts when they break down but also selling them new products and upgrades to maximize yields, decrease inputs, and overall make their lives a bit easier.

10/5/18

Razorock-tober 2

SOTD:

Rockwell 6s “R5” plate / Rubie (13)
Stirling 24mm badger
Razorock XXX soap
Osage Rub aftershave

Well this was the best shave yet for the 6s and I am an easy effortless bbs-. This imho is an easier shave and a better value than the Karve I was testing out. We shall see by the end of this test.

Me and the Mrs. are having a date at home tomorrow with a nice steak dinner and some time for us without the kids. I also am cooking 10 chicken thighs and 5 lbs of hamburgers so we can have leftovers all week. My pappaw has been having mini-strokes for the past several days and has been in the hospital. My mom went there today and the doctors believe it is fixed and stopped by adjusting some of the meds he has been on since his heart issues 6-7 years ago. Please keep him in thoughts as he gets adjusted to the new medication routine.

Thanks for reading folks, have a good weekend. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Agree totally with the 6S over the Karve. One more plate to go.

Sorry to hear about the issues. Hope the change in meds does the trick.

Enjoy your date big fella!

Back