The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

9/27/18

Well it is still SEptember and Kate was lonely.

Marrakesh by MW got the call and finished with LNHC Plaide Cloimhe balm.

Short quick entry to the journal tonight as work was 14+ hours and I’m whipped.

Thanks for reading and comments are always enjoyable! Have a great Friday unless like me you work Saturday so today was really like Wednesday for me. Scout meeting tomorrow night first of this scout year and I’m excited to get the chance to spend time with the oldest boy. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Dang, long day!

Thanks for reading and comments are always enjoyable! Have a great Friday unless like me you work Saturday so today was really like Wednesday for me. Scout meeting tomorrow night first of this scout year and I’m excited to get the chance to spend time with the oldest boy. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Yep, I feel ya, today is my “Wednesday” too. Hope the scout meeting is fun tomorrow!

If the big mail calls didn’t keep rollin’ in, you wouldn’t have to work so many hours!

Marrakesh - yes!!!!!
1f44d.png

9/29/18

Well I finally after a few fairly long days this week was able to grab some me time and relax a bit. The Cub Scout meeting went exceptionally well and my group that was 4 kids last year is now 6-7 kids. I am seriously looking forward to it because it seems to bring my oldest son and I closer together and gives us an outlet to spend time just me and him. Yesterday after I got off work SWMBO and I decided to do the weekly grocery run. As we were leaving the house I was coming out of the house to the car. I looked on the wall and all keys were missing so I “ASSUMED” that she had them. I normally leave my keys at home when we go places as a family because there isn’t much need for them. Well she didn’t have the keys. House was locked and all the house keys were inside. Well fortunately a short 10-15 minutes later we were able to use her mother’s key to our house to open the door and then we made several extra keys when we went to the store. Needless to say her mom has one, my mom has one, I have 2, she has 2, and one spare that I got just in case. I was seriously considering calling a locksmith or breaking a window to get inside. The locksmith would have been the cheapest and best option.

Now on to the shave. I recently received Dave in KY’s Rockwell 6S to try out after I finished with the Karve. I really enjoyed the Karve and am looking forward to and hopefully will enjoy this one as much. Being fair to the razor I tried to keep an open mind and started with the R1 plate. Well it is exactly like I expected mild mild mild mild. I had the Rubie blade in it and the blade functioned well and was not pulling or dragging and it was the 11 shave on this one. I ended up having to grab the Parker Variant to do a full fourth pass to get to a really high level of CCS. In all fairness I will move to the R2 setting next and try a shave but I expect similar results until I am at plate R3-R4. Now I should mention that the balance, weight and feel of the Rockwell on first impressions is better to me than the Karve. We shall see if I continue to feel that way once I get to the final review.

SOTD:
Rockwell 6S / Rubie (11).
Sorrentino High Mountain White
CBL Ghost Dragons Blood
no aftershave

I really really like the scent on this soap and the post shave on this one is through the roof. The Macassar Ebony Badger is exceptional just simply a work of art and has a wonderful feel and balance.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Hopefully all of you have a fantastic Sunday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Nice shave TJ and judging by what razors you prefer, don't expect any joy out of that until you get to plate 5 or 6 and then it may be minimal although it shines in the smooth dept. I been there and done that with the keys to the house and car. Needless to say I too have multiple copies in places for the rescue and my stepdad is a retired locksmith.......

The "Great Key Caper"...just kidding! Yeah I have to agree with Dave on this one. Because of the aggressive razors you like...you may just want to jump to the four/five/six plates.

I feel you on the key thing man. Happened to me about a month ago. I always pause at the door, and ensure my keys are on me before I lock and shut the door. Didn’t check and realized as soon as I shut the door that I didn’t have them. The kids and I were about to drive into town. I had no car keys so we couldn’t even do that. My girlfriend has a spare, but she lives an hour and a half away. We were stuck, and it started sprinkling.....

Well, luckily I found the window of my kitchen sink was unlocked, so my youngest was able to climb in and save us. Now I have a couple spare house keys around in case it happens again.

Close call with the lock out! Good shave TJ, we won’t tell if you skip right to play 3 or 4. ?

9/30/18.

Test shave 2 with the 6S

Took a bit of advice and skipped to plate 4. Glad I did because I got an extremely smooth BBS- after 3 full passes and a bit of cleanup. With the Rubie blade I’ve been using for almost 2 weeks worth of shaves.

SOTD:
Fine Platinum soap and splash
Stirling Boar
Rockwell 6S / Rubie (12)

I finished this one off with several firehouse shots of Creed Aventus.

On the homefront.

After breakfast we walked up to my moms and then back home. I cooked Ribeye steaks for lunch and then started a Boston Butt in the slow cooker for our leftovers quick meal this week. And then me and the oldest went back to the store for stuff my wife didn’t write on the list. Then I came home and took a much needed nap with the baby boy!! Overall a very nice relaxing Sunday. Thanks for reading folks. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Back