The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

9/23/18.

Quick entry for tonight as I kinda feel crappy trying to fight off a sinus congestion/head cold type of something. Meds have made me super drowsy all day and I’ve been off and on asleep all day. Awesome scent for the shave tonight but just a meh kinda soap. Razor, blade, brush were all impressive performers though

SOTD:

Rubie blade is still going stronger than ever. I am gonna run that baby til it just gives out of gas and see just how far it can go. Almost done with the testing of the Karve I wanted to do so stay tuned for my final thoughts and reviews on it. Next up is the Rockwell 6s then comparison of the two.

Thanks for reading folks. Have a great day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

SWMBO says that 42 by B&M is one of her top 5 scents on me! that says a lot.
Interesting. I just find it to be a jumbled up mix of scents that don’t seem to blend well. Unless they changed something from the original release.

Interesting. I just find it to be a jumbled up mix of scents that don’t seem to blend well. Unless they changed something from the original release.

I get the florals with a dark background of some sort but she likes it a lot. She also said the label reminded her of “Wind in the Willows”

Nice shave with the 42! It is a bit of an oddball scent, but I love it, and have the EDT as well lol. Sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

9/25/18.

After a break with no shave yesterday I needed a shave worse than I needed to feel better. And trust me this allergy/head gunk sucks. At least no migraine from the allergies yet so ? meds may be working.

Finished up up with the Karve shaves and it is a tempting little contrast to my current favorite DE the Ghosttown Fatboy (cameo later). The Rockwell feels as well built as the Karve and looking at the two side by side I see little difference in the gap comparison of “F” plate Karve to the “6” plate Rockwell. Heads up Josh she’s coming your way.

Now I need to say that I have about 100 more Rubie blades and if the rest last like the one I’m using currently then I for sure have enough blades to last me until I’m at minimum a senior citizen if I count the other DE blades and the AC blades and the GEM blades and the injector blades.

Now on to the SOTD:

Ghosttown Fatboy/ Rubie (9)
Paladin PK-47 Select Badger
CBL soap “The Shaving Cadre”
Osage Rub—mixed with Fine fresh vetiver (worked really really well paired with this soap)

This is my favorite scent so far from CBL. And my goodness I must have been dead on with the lather tonight because the residual went way off my normal chart. I was slick enough to do a nothing added cleanup pass and end up HCDSBBSG (maybe that is how Xeno would say it).

Now after my shower and shave i realized I had left my clothes in the drier and I had forgotten to grab a clean towel which needless to say were folded but. It put away yet. As I am wondering aimlessly in a dark house wet and nekkid to the laundry room I had to pass through the kitchen. This morning my kid made microwave scrambled eggs and had sprayed a bowl with Pam. Needless to say wet feet and Pam on a linoleum kitchen floor make for a really really really fast decent into oblivion. Seemed like I feel for an hour but really only took a blink for 200lbs to fall 5’6” to the floor. Then the dogs went insane almost waking up the entire community.

Thanks for reading and commenting folks. Prayers and God’s blessings for each of you guys and gals!

Great shave! Good call mixing up the Osage and Vetiver, sounds like a great combo.

Ouch on the fall! Darn Pam! Glad nothing serious happened.

Lol! Well there’s a story!

I would have bet you would have pulled out Kate for a multi-day growth, but I guess that was an ok shave.

Great shave! Good call mixing up the Osage and Vetiver, sounds like a great combo.

Ouch on the fall! Darn Pam! Glad nothing serious happened.

Nothing serious? My pride and dignity were both ruined by a film of slick liquidy substance in a spot the size of a paper towel.

Hopefully your bum doesn’t hurt too much from the fall..... eek!

Nice Shave TJ!

Restocking on some blades. Got a picture of this Gillette rubie so I know which one I should be getting? Seen a Rubie Platinum and a Rubis Plus so far.

Great minds must think alike because I woke up this morning and used "The Shaving Cadre" CBL Soap with Fine Fresh Vetiver also! The two pair very well!

Back