The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I don’t use music so can’t comment on that, but I’d say let the reviews rip. Yes, Josh has that sweet lather cam and that sexy hair curl (which can I say I think we should place bets on when it will be in a full circle), but everyone’s opinion is different and presented in a different way. Give the people a choice I say!
This was my thoughts exactly........sans the fixation Dave has on Josh's hair of course.

What you don't have the matching La Toja aftershave??? You better head over to the 'Bay!

Also Osage Rub will definitely wake you up in the morning. It is the perfect splash to use after a hot day of yard work!

3. Osage Rub is seriously seriously seriously mentholated!!!!!!! Also it is really really really good aftershave.
And so much more!!!

Would you guys be interested in that or does josh sort of cover that niche in the market.
Let me ask you this.... When you are researching something, do you want one person's opinion, or do you look at multiple sources? The more reviews the better!

All really good stuff TJ! I got a little behind on your journal and I need to watch your vids. There are other places to find music...but I find that the Tube is a really easy place to sort and search copyright free music and sound effects.

Also...really happy you and yours made it through the storm. Winds are not the only thing that can harm and destroy in a hurricane.

9/20/18.

14 hours at the office really kicked my butt today. Got home and the wife and I finally had a few minutes of meaningful conversation (a rarity around a 7 and 2 year old). Then I began to wind down and relax a bit. I also began a thought that the act of shaving for me has become a time when I can just enjoy the moment and think of nothing or ponder my relationships both Godly and worldly. It is the quintessential moment of my day when the stress and the conundrums of the day seem to melt away. The soaps suds seem to just become a vessel that removes your worries for even a brief moment and then the days troubling thoughts become less troublesome.

SOTD:

Karve “F” plate/Rubie (6)
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
WK DM Fougere Bouquet soap/splash

Have also been thinking that I really need to stop being lazy and send some samples to the library. Maybe I can do that when I catalog my soaps.

I sincerely appreciate the thoughts and comments on my journal and hopefully I’m not too much of a bore. Have a Fantastic Friday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Man spa time. Something everyone should learn the enjoyment of.

Wow! Deep metaphor! But you are absolutely right about it. Lately my shaves have been a bit automatic. I need to get back to the place where my shaves were my moment of Zen for the day. To clear my mind, think on nothing, and get my head right for the day ahead. Some really good stuff TJ. And remember...when you share your life with us...it is never boring. I love reading about the lives of the Cadre and consider you all my friends...except that Dave character (you decide which one)...
1f60b.png

9/21/18.

Had a shave setup sort of planned for tonight then the Pif box from cmh737 was here. I have been jonesing to try a 1912 style razor and Chris sent me one GEM 1912 and an Everready. Kept my soap choice the same as I was going to because the scent is one of SWMBO favorites and swapped the Karve out for the Everready. Loaded a fresh PTFE blade in it and proceeded to DFS with one weeper. Not bad for that blade since it was a new one.

SOTD:

Have a great Saturday tomorrow folks. Gotta get the wife’s car serviced and hit a few specialty shops at the largest town near us. Then the oldest boy has a birthday sleepover to go to at one of his friends homes. Maybe the boss and I can watch a non cartoon movie or play a more adult video game. Thanks for reading and following along. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you especially KJ and Walt today!

Good stuff! I’m debating a pre-recording shave with the GEM Jr. Dave sent me, or should I capture myself carving my face off for the first time in film?

I keep reading that the GEM Jr has a 1912 head. Is that not entirely accurate? Do you have any info on the one you passed along Dave?
No info. It looked the same as the Ever Ready 1912 I had but just seemed not as smooth to me but I only used it once and it may have been user error. I didn't use either a lot or often. They may very well be identical heads. I hope ou enjoy it, but if notfeel free to do anything you want with it from pif to trade or sell.

I have been narrowing down the razors I have to ones I use frequently or just can't part with due to sentimentality or was gifted to me. Only 2 kept beyond that are the B&P Travel razor and my Psycho with original key.

9/22/18.

Well another fantastic GEM shave provided by a super PiF from cmh737. Chris I really appreciate the razors and blades and will be 100% sure to use them with at least a semi-regular rotation.

I actually affer one shave each give the edge to the GEM 1912 but it really isn’t a fair comparison when the Ever-Ready had the fresh blade in it. More analysis is needed, maybe even a shave off of all my GEM style razors.

Looked around in a consignment/donation shop today and they had absolutely zero shaving items. Did buy a few books there for the oldest kid and wife.

Began cataloging my shaving items with organizing my blades. Not really sure how the best way to keep up with it is but I’m thinking about a simple word document that lists the name and amount of each blade. I don’t even really think this matters as long as I can find the blades when I need to.

SOTD:

TSC Legacy brush
GEM 1912/PTFE (2)
A&E Vetiver Magnifique soap/splash

Hope you all have a great Sunday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Back