The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

9/16/18

With Church services cancelled for today due to the storm I was able to sleep in a bit and then take a nice leisurely shower and shave.

Karve “D” plate/Rubie (4)
Stirling Badger
Speick splash (6/10) (4 full set / 2 just splash)
CBL Russian Tea

SOTD

Not going to give final judgement on the soap yet as this was only use 2 for the base. This scent is better for me than the lime and the in the face cinnamon I get of the tub blends into the tea very very well after it’s lathered. The Rubie blade is improving not degrading so I am wondering is my technique different, is it the blade, or is it the razor? After 3-4 shaves most blades start rapidly degrading in performance this one showed no signs of such yet.

DFS and a very very comfortable face after the shave is always good.

Got the limbs and branches cleaned up at my house yesterday and still need to go help mom clean a big one out of her yard. Probably going to be back at work Monday assessing any problems that the old building may or may not have had. I am sure we had some roof leakage maybe some damages due to that but otherwise I feel sure it is ok.

Thanks for reading folks. Have a stellar Sunday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers!

Glad to hear you are survived through the storm. Watching news it appears many were not as lucky. Also nice CBL soap shave.

Glad to hear that y'all are still doing well.

Nice shave. And those Rubie blades are excellent!

Serious question for the folks that watch my videos. Do I really shave fast? It doesn't feel fast to me but maybe I should slow down more. Also is there something you want to see more of in my videos that may make them better?

You do shave pretty quickly, though your goatee certainly saves you a little chunk of time.

As for your content, you do you! That’s all we want to see.

Your stroke are pretty fast and you don't go over an area too many times. But heck, it's your shave, no reason to change it. I was just joking because when I really want to enjoy the experience, I slow down even more to make it last. You're just young with other stuff to get to. ?

I think I broke the boss lady from stealing my CBL soaps. She grabbed Ghost Lime and said it smelled nice and she wanted to use it. Then she said is a Ghost Lime the variety of lime scent he used.

My response yep the coolest line you will ever find. A very refreshing one as well.

Back