The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Trying to push Dave since he pushed us to Variants. Where'd you get yours? I nabbed 1 from BST for $30

I received the Boar and the Synthetic from last years Bingle Gift Exchange at the other place. Craig was my buddy and he hooked me up in a major way

I certainly don’t need another brush...

I know I didn't just read this!
1f61c.png

TJ I fell behind but enjoyed the read. Saw the pics of your grandparents. Both had smiles on their faces and looked happy. I bet they lived a great life together!

TJ I fell behind but enjoyed the read. Saw the pics of your grandparents. Both had smiles on their faces and looked happy. I bet they lived a great life together!

Funny thing those two knew each other but were not together. One was my Dad’s dad, the other my stepmom’s mom. Her mom died and in the process of attempting to notify grandpa we were informed that he was also deceased. Needless to say 9/1/17 was one of the longest dang days of my life.

Funny thing those two knew each other but were not together. One was my Dad’s dad, the other my stepmom’s mom. Her mom died and in the process of attempting to notify grandpa we were informed that he was also deceased. Needless to say 9/1/17 was one of the longest dang days of my life.

Oh geez that makes it even worse! Hopefully 9/1 will just turn into a day of reminiscing the good times.

9/5/18

3rd SEptember shave
1st Speick-tember shave

DE GEM clogpruf (code named Watson)
Speick stick and splash
new GEM blade coated
Stirling Tuxedo synthetic (face lathered)

SOTD

I can honestly say to anyone that this shave stick is actually surprisingly good. Is it as slick as William’s no but not much is but for a non-artisan produced soap it’s better than average. The splash on the other hand is really really good juice. Just strangely thought it could use a bit more menthol in it but it is really functional as is.

Finished up BBS without any need for cleanup. I really believe that this razor and my Ghosttown Fatboy both were made vastly better by a spa trip. It shaved rough a bit before the trip but now it is smooth as glass.

Thanks for reading folks and hopefully i will get another video done and up before the Russian Tea takes over. Have a great day tomorrow, Prayers and God’s blessings to each and every one of you.

After 4 shaves with the stick and splash I was impressed as well TJ. Glad Watson's makeover improved function as well as appearance. Nice pic !

You got me thinking TJ...I have a Slim that I don't use for fear that it has a bent bar. I am thinking that I need a Purple and Gold LSU themed razor also...hmm...I see a solution here!

You got me thinking TJ...I have a Slim that I don't use for fear that it has a bent bar. I am thinking that I need a Purple and Gold LSU themed razor also...hmm...I see a solution here!
So, might as well have a purple and gold razor that's defective?

Back