The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Drool time !! I love Damascus Steel looks. Thanks for adding the pics and I also look forward to your thoughts after using it !!

Offended? Hell no...I appreciate you sharing your life with us. Seems like you are doing a pretty damn good job to me!

Catching up TJ!

Great reads, shaves, and pictures!

Nice back story on your son!

Congrats on a 1st attempt win at lathering modern Williams! Took me about 5 or 6 attempts and yes soaking the puck overnight really does help!

8/30/18

Great DFS shave last night. No photo as i did a video of it.

Ghost Town Fatboy / Personna Platinum (4 i think)
Sorrentino Padauk Cashmere
SV Opuntia soap and splash
finished this morning with an obscene amount of Creed Aventus.

This razor is super smooth and this blade is becoming more and more of a user. Not quite GSB good but could be a very nice alternative to my Astra SP blades. I have a bunch of others coming in also. SWMBO found she really really likes Treet Platinum so I grabbed 100 of those, another 100 Astra SP, 100 Rubies, 100 Feathers, 100 or 200 Personna reds like I've been using, and some Personna Blues. Fine Platinum soap and splash, a few more pucks of Williams, some Osage rub, that razor i posted photos of and maybe something else I am missing but i really dont remember. I know one of my new Sorrentino's is ready and he is still working on the second one but i am not in any kind of hurry for it and artists need not be rushed when creating masterpieces.

Thanks for reading folks. Have a Fantastic Friday. Prayers and God's blessings to each of you

Well of course you gotta spend the $$$ to smell like the $$$. You’re rollin’ big on your birthday buddy!

8/31/18

SOTD

Well pass one went off without a hitch until I dug the tip in a bit. Finished the shave with Ghosttown Fatboy and DFS- for the win.

Family made me brownies and gave me a new book written by the same author that wrote 1776 I’m reading now.

Thanks for reading folks. Have a super weekend. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Loving the PIC TJ! MMM...brownies...

What's the book? I am always interested in a new Book and David McCullough writes good ones!

Cool background on your photo, TJ.
1f44d.png

Back