The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Another I've never tried. Went from Conk to Mama Bears and to Stirling and never lookec back. Ducking and running for cover now.......

It's been discontinued for about 2.5 years. I know at least Don and I have a healthy stock, so if any Cadre Member finds themselves completely out, I'm sure at least one of us will have your back.......

*Honestly, I'm not even a huge fan of the stuff.

You know...I was a pretty big fan...and I still use it from time to time...but I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I have given several bottles away and will likely give a few more away. I'm half tempted to email the company again (I did this a couple of years ago) and ask if the still have it in the warehouses to purchase.

Really quick entry tonight folks.

SOTD

This razor and Personna Platinum combo has given me an extremely mild BBS two shaves consecutive now. With results like that I may need to buy some more of these ones.

Personna Platinum blades are definitely a good solid blade. I haven't used one in a while...so maybe I'll bust one out. Also, I really like the shape of your brush!

Agree on the brush, that’s a warm looking wood.

Hope you’re having a good weekend TJ.

Having a fantastic weekend! Hope you all are doing the same. A preview for tonight’s shave is that I am seriously channeling my inner KJ for it. It’s all new software and splash to me.

8/26/18

Wow I never believed that this stuff would be as good as it is for as inexpensive as it is. This blade also continues to impress me with its mildness and smoothness. Three shaves consecutively BBS and I didn’t really have to work for it.

SOTD: Very much a KJ shave

First time ever lathering Williams. Was a bit airy at first but began to tighten as the passes increased. By pass three it was very useable.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you. Have a wonderful Monday.

When you mentioned me, I had a feeling it was going to be Williams and Aqua Velva. A classic combo for a great shave!

Nice classic shave TJ!

How was the slickness, cushion, and post shave feel?

Slickness is better than I would say 90 - 95 % of all soaps I’ve ever tried.

Cushion on could have been better but wasn’t what I would call bad by any stretch.

Post shave was about average but the splash helped that out a lot.

All in all all of you wanted to shave really cheap and never worry about picking a fancy scent. You could get stellar shaves and save money using nothing but this Williams soap and Aqua Velva splash.

Well...congrats on getting a good lather from Williams, TJ! I've got one puck that I just can't make myself go to, but I know it will get pulled out eventually. Still looking for a couple of vintage pucks, as I've heard those are absolutely top notch stuff. (same with vintage Old Spice, but those pucks are getting HIGH)

Nice job with the Williams, TJ.

....Still looking for a couple of vintage pucks, as I've heard those are absolutely top notch stuff. (same with vintage Old Spice, but those pucks are getting HIGH)

Several months ago I acquired a puck of vintage Old Spice. I was unsuccessful at getting a decent lather from it. I tried with every brush type, soaking, etc., etc. etc.........dud. And the Old Spice scent was completely absent. Total bummer all the way around.

Several months ago I acquired a puck of vintage Old Spice. I was unsuccessful at getting a decent lather from it. I tried with every brush type, soaking, etc., etc. etc.........dud. And the Old Spice scent was completely absent. Total bummer all the way around.
I'm surprised that you didn't get a good lather from the OS. It lathers for me if I just drop my brush onto the exposed puck, BOOM! LOL. But really, I get a super easy, super creamy lather form it. Never heard of anyone having issues with it before. The scent aspect doesn't surprise me though. The scent it gone from most vintage pucks.

I'll tell ya, I would be more likely to try mine if you didn't have to deal with a hard puck that needs a place to live.

Back