The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Glad you had a good shave to wind down. I may have to try the MW bath soap. A bar soap never lasts that long for me. Recently my GTB and Honey Bee. They went quick especially the Honey Bee.
Ditto to all that! I stayed using my HoneyBee bar soap with a washcloth or a shower poof (I think that’s what it’s called), to make it last longer.

Ditto to all that! I stayed using my HoneyBee bar soap with a washcloth or a shower poof (I think that’s what it’s called), to make it last longer.
Good tip. Thought of getting one of those things from Soap Commander.

Edit - $7 got me a 4 pack from the bay

Great shaves, reads, and pictures TJ!

Okay I'm sorry but, when I read
DocHoliday0831 said:
...got free supper at my mom’s...
the first thing that popped into my head was "How much does he normally charge you?"
1f601.png

8/4/18

Man oh man. 5.5-6 hours at the office and my aunt got rushed by ambulance to the ER at our local hospital. She is doing better but was already pre-scheduled to have a bit more surgery on her back. She has a UTI and somehow that is causing swelling and the swelling has pressed her permanent tens unit into a weird position causing it to work improperly. Antibiotics and some pain meds she is back home.

After that we provided my mom mom and her their evening meal and my brother mowed their lawn.

I came home after after supper and fixed me a

And my SOTD

Finished this baby off with Pen’s English Fern and SWMBO rated me BBS and smelling “nice”

in in my head after a whisky or 2 I was thinking nice, nice! If I had b-/;s I would have told her how much a bottle of that stuff costs but alas I have been neutered so we know I didn’t say it.

Have a fabulous Sunday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers!

Don’t ask, don’t tell brother. Been a long weekend for you already.

Sorry for the Family stress but nice y'all could be there for each other as needed. Hope your Aunt improves and gets relief.

Sorry to here about your aunt. Hope things improve...I will keep her in my thoughts.

8/5/18

Called a last minute audible to my shave setup that I was planning and went for the lazy man’s easy shave

My first boar brush and cream #2 on my cream showdown list! Wow what a shave DFS but some of the best face feel after the fact as you will ever get!

Hope you have a stellar Monday folks thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

8/6/18

Short post tonight as I have the house to myself for a while and want to take full advantage!

i got my Delta Echo babies back and the Fatboy was appropriately named GhostTown. So my SOTD will say all I need to say

Have a fantastic Tuesday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Let me just say that I didn’t realize a Fatboy set on 3 and a brand new GSB could get me a 2 pass BBS and I did pass 3 just to keep smelling the soap! I am wonderfully smooth and I used an obscene amount of the splash and will use another obscene amount of the EdP tomorrow. Who worries about performance reviews anyway!

Haha, had recently posted in the DE section I figured we all knew what the inaugural shave would be and you didn't disappoint. Nice line up and they fit right in. Especially the "Ghost Town" !!

8/7/18

im dubbing the MMCP DE version “Watson”

SOTD

The spa time did miracles for this razor. Before it was a bit draggy (not sure it’s a word) and now it’s smooth as glass. Got a superb BBS three pass shave and I smell mahvelous!!! The first sample of this soap I got it was unscented for some reason both in the tub and when lathered. Ron at Groomatorium sent me a new one really quick and that one caused me to buy the tub.

Thanks for reading folks have a wonderful Wednesday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Back