The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Yup...A&E is some good stuff. Once I work through some stuff I will likely pick up some other stuff by them.

Nice shave! You're getting me excited about my A&E Revolution soap/AS coming in today. It'll be my 1st from them and I hear good things especially about the AS for post shave.

7/30/18

”Old School” shave tonight

CBL Lavender Chill preshave
O1 Black Beauty metal base
Astra SP
Stirling Boar
Long Rifle Voyager soap and splash

SOTD:

This soap has about one of the best SOS out of the tub I’ve had in a long time. Slickness, Cushion, and Residual all about on par with Stirling for me so high in the Tier 2 section. Not a bad soap if you find a scent you like for the price.

Now i I must say I had forgotten how much I really enjoy this razor but it made me kind of wish I had my FatBoy.

The last box from my One year ago Pif left here today so the recipient will have tons of What’s new to me stuff to review.

Thanks for reading folks, have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Wow, someones camera is down and he powers thru with a Shave Of The Day Sketch. Nice pic effect!! The Fatboy will be back better then ever eventually

7/31/18

In am effort to distract myself from the fact that I have two razors away and I have no idea really what they look like now. I decided tonight was a great night for a traditional straight shave and up on deck was the Filarmonica 12. I had issues with the shave on this razor last time I used it so I decided to try it out again before sending it for a hone.

CBL Lavender chill preshave
Fili 12 5/8 30 laps pre/post fabric and leather
Stirling Badger
LNHC Plaide Cloimhe soap and post elixir
Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte frag

Didnt play around with any edits on today’s pic however I have several apps on my phone that let me do those things. Some I can use well some I am horrible with. Yesterday’s pic is one of my favorite effects.

Now to the shave! The Filarmonica was way way better this go around and I ended up BBS but got a bit aggressive with the angle in a couple spots and the alum let me know it!

Thanks for reading folks have a wonderful Wednesday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Nice couple of pics TJ! Long Rifle soaps have some really nice scents...i think that is their strong point. I just wish their soap was a little better.

Good stuff TJ, and looking forward to your straight shaving video!

8/1/18

Well Dave of the Nurses got me thinking about my PdP 63 soap after KJ posted the EDT being for sale now. Then KJ got me thinking about my MMOC. And a conversation with the Italian brushmaster Eric got me thinking about my Omega Boar.

Well when I think about it enough

SOTD:

Finished it off with a heavy handed splash of the Clubman SR and I feel like a million bucks! DFS+ results but I was being really gentle on the areas I was too aggressive with yesterday’s straight.

Have a tremendous Thursday and thanks again for your comments and friendship. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

It's the shave Dreams are made of...minus the MMOC...
1f60e.png

Wait that razor isn’t an MMOC?

Nope. MMOC = Micromatic Open Comb. That is not an open comb. It's a Micromatic for sure, but there are a few different models of Micromatic. That is a Clog Pruf, says so right on the inside of it.

Back