The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Nope. MMOC = Micromatic Open Comb. That is not an open comb. It's a Micromatic for sure, but there are a few different models of Micromatic. That is a Clog Pruf, says so right on the inside of it.

Well I don’t have and have never tried an MMOC then. The one I sent to the spa is also a Clog Pruf then. Thanks for the info

Still a good shaver TJ. The MMOC would be more aggressive I'm pretty sure otherwise the same if I'm not mistaken. KJ will correct me if I'm wrong.
1f601.png

8/1/18

Well Dave of the Nurses got me thinking about my PdP 63 soap after KJ posted the EDT being for sale now. Then KJ got me thinking about my MMOC. And a conversation with the Italian brushmaster Eric got me thinking about my Omega Boar.

Well when I think about it enough

SOTD:

Finished it off with a heavy handed splash of the Clubman SR and I feel like a million bucks! DFS+ results but I was being really gentle on the areas I was too aggressive with yesterday’s straight.

Have a tremendous Thursday and thanks again for your comments and friendship. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Great shave!

I have been on the fence about buying PdP. Does it have a heavy cedar scent?

I agree, I wouldn’t say I get any cedar with it. Whatever category you would put SV 70th in I would put this in.

8/2/18

Paladin Select Badger
Asylum Vetiver Bourbon soap and splash
Aluma-Goose Razor

Really busy stressful butt kicking day at work as the big wigs from CNH the OEM my company is a dealership for we’re in town for a visit.

Needed some down time and got free supper at my mom’s when I picked up my baby boy!! The oldest will be back from my Grandparents house tomorrow and I am dreading the siblings squabbling that I haven’t heard all week!

SOTD:

All is well in my world! It isn’t as good as a Kate shave but it is a really nice shaver for sure! Will finish this shave off tomorrow with some Kenneth Cole RSVP.

Thanks for reading my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

I hear ya. My wife’s two girls came back home Tuesday from being with their dad for a month. It took about 2min before the sound level went back up to normal levels.

I enjoy seeing the variety in your shaves. You sure do enjoy your equipment.

I hear ya. My wife’s two girls came back home Tuesday from being with their dad for a month. It took about 2min before the sound level went back up to normal levels.

I enjoy seeing the variety in your shaves. You sure do enjoy your equipment.

SWMBO says I enjoy it too much. (Doc runs off to look for a real MMOC and a flying wing)

Nice shave and great looking brush there. That Asylum Vetiver Bourbon soap and splash sure sounds good. Let's shake Thursday off and hope for a better Friday.

8/3/18

Wow what a day. Just as stressful as yesterday but for a vast amount of different reasons. Really wanted to force myself to slow down tonight so a straight shave it is!

WWSC Peace Pipe (Pipe Tobacco, Vetiver, Smoky Birch)
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
Wester Bros Anchor Brand Manganese Steel
30laps fabric/leather pre/post
CBL Lavender Chill preshave
MW Irish Traveller bath bar (this makes 34 uses)

I almost expect this this bar of bath soap to last forever. I am on 34 uses and it is just a bit more than half gone. As long as it takes to use this up I know in my heart I am not cut out to 3017 a shave soap. Bath soap I’m ok with using til gone but I need variety in my shaves!

Cut free DFS tonight was the results and I’m satisfied with that because this razor is square pointed and I normally get a Mr You know who visit when I use square ones.

I have ave come to the realization that I need a 6 oz glass bottle to put my Clubman SR splash in. Also need/really want to try at some point or purchase myself a MMOC (a real one) and a Flying Wing MM since I seem to be best served by my SE razors and then straight razors and then DE razors. Not that any are bad they just get me different results differently.

Thanks for reading folks I really hope you enjoy this madness as much as I enjoy reading all of yours and the videos wow guys. I may not comment every time on your journal but I am reading them. Have a wonderful Weekend. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers!

Glad you had a good shave to wind down. I may have to try the MW bath soap. A bar soap never lasts that long for me. Recently my GTB and Honey Bee. They went quick especially the Honey Bee.

Back