The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I won’t say any more about it. Sending PM to those who asked. PM me if you want.

Really liked the pic yesterday. Liked it enough to share it! Better than GTB?!?! Interesting!

And thanks guys for not re-hashing out all of the PAA drama out there. A simple google search can help you uncover it, and then you can make your own decision.

7/26/18

Quick entry tonight due to had a Cub Scout leaders meeting and then when I got home the central a/c wasn’t working and guess what the heat triggered a migraine. Tomorrow calling the hvac guys to get in line for repairs. Today’s shave

Have a fantastic Friday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you. Thanks for reading.

Wrong time of the year for the AC to go out. Sorry to here about that and the head. At least you had a great shave!

You've had a couple of migraines recently. Glad it's been a while since you'd reported any, but hoping they had a handle on them for you.

7/28/18

Well after a really intense day yesterday I needed a shave for sure. Got the A/C fixed and visited with my Grandparents for a bit before sending the oldest boy back with them to their house for a week or so. Then this morning I decided that it was time for a morning shave possibly before the wife and I go out for a date if we find a sitter for the baby boy.

SOTD

These GEM razors and blades get more and more enjoyable each time I use them. I must say though this one takes a bit of concentration and control because it is super super super weightless. The scent on this soap is still one of the best combos I’ve smelled. During a he gift exchange at the other place Craig hit that out of the park. Lime and Patchouli are two of my favorite scents and this is those two combined.

I also contacted Lisa about a custom scent and she sent me a sample of it. Before I lather it it is really really really nice. I’m probably gonna try and lather it this evening and shave with it but my vision for the scent was Doc goes on a citrus island vacation. The first scent satchel she scent I wasn’t really sure about but the soap sample hits fairly close to all my I like it sensors. And she sent it in the new formula so I can try it out also!!

Have a stellar Saturday folks thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

SC Respect = Yummmm, one of my early buys and forget to get it out sometimes for rotation. Thanks for the reminder and here's to hoping for a sitter and Date night for TJ and the Misses !!

Catching up TJ!

Great shaves, reads, and pictures!

Glad the AC issue was a major one!

Glad you are enjoying the SC Respect! It is a great scent!

7/29/18

Well of all the new stuff everyone has gotten lately I had to try the A&E soaps. So today’s SOTD is

The A&E soap base is stellar! Smooth and slick and plenty of residual to go for days. This is a soap is definitely elite material and of course Kate and a Sorrentino never hurt any shave I’ve ever had.
Then SWMBO said I had to post her SOTD gear also

She was picking on us saying that she only needed her hands to shave.

Thanks for following along and reading this insanity. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you and have a magnificent Monday folks.

Great shave TJ!

She must have some really sharp fingernails then!!
1f60f.png

I know you’re a vetiver fan so I’m not surprised you got that one. I haven’t tried that scent, but glad you had a good experience with A&E. I think it’s top shelf.

Back