The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

7/12/18

Well I can honestly say that from this day forward I am chasing tonight’s shave. HCDSBBSG is how I believe the guru of shave acronyms classes this one and it is by far the best straight shave I’ve ever had and fairly dang close to my best shave ever.

Update:

this is can not be classified as best shave ever due to the appearance of stubble less than 12 hours afterwards. Needed at least 15 hours to get best ever classification. This one is still easily top 3 though it is trumped by two shaves with Kate (my Asylum RX SE razor)

Outstanding shave TJ, even if it wasn't the best ever. Always nice when these pop up as a surprise!!

Great stuff, TJ!. Happy belated Anniversary! Nice looking photo. Which coast were y'all on?

Nice redemption shave.

I followed along on facebook with your trip pictures. Looks like you had a great time!

Great stuff, TJ!. Happy belated Anniversary! Nice looking photo. Which coast were y'all on?

That is Nags Head NC. We always take vacation on the outer banks of NC at least once a year usually we do a couple weekend trips there as well.

Dang brother, that is pretty sweet about getting that good of a result from a straight shave no matter how long it lasted. Can only imagine how good that felt after...well, we don't talk about that any more. I held back on razzing you about it any more since you were on a trip for your anniversary. But a shaving dude, a really into it shaving dude, forgetting their shaving stuff??? Poor dude has been working too hard. ?

But a shaving dude, a really into it shaving dude, forgetting their shaving stuff???
Right?!?!

When I travel, I put more thought into my shaving gear than I do my clothes.... of course, that could be said for most days at home too!

Ok I usually do put a bit of thought into my travel kit. This time I really had forgotten that SWMBO had claimed my travel brush for her regular brush so I now need to purchase another travel synthetic. Now the other issue is I packed in a relatively large hurry and simply did not think about packing shave stuff .

That is Nags Head NC. We always take vacation on the outer banks of NC at least once a year usually we do a couple weekend trips there as well.

Thanks for the info, TJ. I've never been there before and the wife and I have talked about it recently. Looks nice.

7/13/18

not really superstitious but after last nights stellar shave I decided on hit it quick and be done with it kinda night.

Gentleman Jon head bamboo handle
GSB blade
Fine American blend
Stirling Tuxedo Synth
nivea balm
barbasol Pacific Rush splash

no photo today but hoping to get my seven sins video done soon and gonna try and get back in my shave everyday routine.

Have a super Saturday folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you. Thanks for reading.

It would be great to see your 7 sins vid! Good job with the quick follow up shave!

Glad to see Barbasol Pacific Rush still getting some love around here! I have a box of it laying around here somewhere...I need to pull another bottle out!

Fantastic shave with the Opuntia. What you were forced to use before that had to make it even better lol. Great stuff TJ.

7/14/18

Lazy shave after cleaning house and taking lots and lots and lots of kid stuff to GCF.

Needed the easy kind of BBS that I can get with my eyes closed. So Kate got a call with a Schick P30 AC blade. Also since I have at least two decent badger brushes on the way I decided to give my Parker Pure another shot. Soaked it while in the shower and then used it to whip some XX RazoRock suds!

Got the results I knew I would get from the razor, soap and splash. The brush however was much much better than it was last time. Maybe badger brushes need breaking in too?

Have a super Sunday folks thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Back