The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I dunno about all you GEM users. I guess that's fine if you want to shave with a paint scraper.
Thats what I’m sayin Dave!
Don't knock it, till you try it. These are much sharper and smoother than hardware blades.

i would’ve never tried one if you hadn’t included it in that bingo bonus from the other site.
1f44d.png
1f601.png

Nice shave TJ.

And Dave, the GEM is an amazing tool that gets me smoother with less effort than anything else in my den. Even the one you sent.
1f609.png

Well from today until Thursday my shaves are a Harry’s Cart and some canned she smelling goo that SWMBO remembered to bring with us on our camping trip. And my 14th anniversary is Tuesday so she won’t let me take her to dinner without shaving LOL. And don’t forget to sign up for my One year into this hole pif!!!!!

Have a great Monday tomorrow folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Well from today until Thursday my shaves are a Harry’s Cart and some canned she smelling goo that SWMBO remembered to bring with us on our camping trip. And my 14th anniversary is Tuesday so she won’t let me take her to dinner without shaving LOL. And don’t forget to sign up for my One year into this hole pif!!!!!

Have a great Monday tomorrow folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

So sorry you have to suffer through the Harry’s and she goo brother!

A very happy anniversary though! Enjoy your time. I pray the big man upstairs blesses you with many more!

Well from today until Thursday my shaves are a Harry’s Cart and some canned she smelling goo that SWMBO remembered to bring with us on our camping trip.
Dude. DUDE. DUDE!!!!!!

Well, congrats on the anniversary, but it's hard to get past that first part.

I remedied the situation a bit but going and buying a package of the two blade disposable razors from Dollar General this morning. Still have to use the she scented gooey foam though.

I remedied the situation a bit but going and buying a package of the two blade disposable razors from Dollar General this morning. Still have to use the she scented gooey foam though.
Some day you'll have to let us know what you did to deserve such a punishment.

Some day you'll have to let us know what you did to deserve such a punishment.

what I did was completely forgettingto pack all shaving gear for a vacation. SWMBO did not forget and would not let me go through our anniversary without shaving.

Happy anniversary. I hope you have many more. Just hopefully with proper shaving gear next time

7/12/18

I made it home safely despite the Harry’s and Dollar General disposable 3 blade razors debacle. The she smelling goo was the worst part of the deal by far. Note to self and all interested— NEVER I repeat NEVER forget your travel shave kit when you travel! Oh yeah if you didn’t get that Don’t ever do what is in the sentence above this one.

So after I got home I decided I wanted to redeem my face a bit and needed a pampering. My decision was easy

Well I can honestly say that from this day forward I am chasing tonight’s shave. HCDSBBSG is how I believe the guru of shave acronyms classes this one and it is by far the best straight shave I’ve ever had and fairly dang close to my best shave ever. We will have to see just how long it lasts to determine best ever or not but pass 3 was almost all for pomp and circumstances.

Now for another note. For the last several showers/baths whatever you want to call them I have been using Mystic Water’s bath bar. It is definitely better than any store bought bar I’ve used and is mostly equal to every store body wash gel I’ve used including Dove men +care. That says a bunch. It appears it is going to have a fairly long use cycle as well I am trying to keep up with it and I’m on about 7 or 8 and don’t seem to have made any noticeable difference on the size of the bar. Once this one is gone I will use one from LNHC to compare them.

Thanks for reading folks! Have a great Friday tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Oh and this is the view from my dinner reservation for our anniversary

Was a beautiful view and the family of Ospreys made it super interesting!

Back