The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

7/3/18

First let me say a huge Thank You to all the men and women who have chosen to offer their service to this great nation. Without folks like you this country would be nothing but a colony of some other nation and we may or may not have anywhere near the abilities and freedoms we have.

my Independence Day shave! Got the Soap Commander Renewal set in and the filarmonica 12 also. I am a glutton for punishment so I decided both could be used in the same night.

Scent on the Floral Fougere Soap Commander is very nice in tub maybe 3.5-4/5. The Filarmonica was a bit of a disappointment for what I had hoped it would be. Very good shaver though just not quite as sharp as I think it could be maybe it was honed differently than the rest of the razors I have. All in all a very strong DFS on 3 full passes with this straight. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and hopefully will catch some fireworks with the family somewhere.

We we finished the living room refresh and i am so glad it’s done!

Thanks for reading folks and hope you all have a blessed Independence Day tomorrow! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

7/3/18

First let me say a huge Thank You to all the men and women who have chosen to offer their service to this great nation. Without folks like you this country would be nothing but a colony of some other nation and we may or may not have anywhere near the abilities and freedoms we have.

my Independence Day shave! Got the Soap Commander Renewal set in and the filarmonica 12 also. I am a glutton for punishment so I decided both could be used in the same night.

Scent on the Floral Fougere Soap Commander is very nice in tub maybe 3.5-4/5. The Filarmonica was a bit of a disappointment for what I had hoped it would be. Very good shaver though just not quite as sharp as I think it could be maybe it was honed differently than the rest of the razors I have. All in all a very strong DFS on 3 full passes with this straight. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and hopefully will catch some fireworks with the family somewhere.

We we finished the living room refresh and i am so glad it’s done!

Thanks for reading folks and hope you all have a blessed Independence Day tomorrow! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Good shave TJ, despite that razor edge. Glad the SC soap was a win!

Enjoy your 4th!

Got a little behind on your shaves TJ, but it looks like you have picked up some good stuff! Hope you enjoy the fireworks with the family tomorrow night!

Nice Independence Day shave TJ! Sorry to hear that the Fili wasn't quite up to snuff, but sounds like the soap and shave ended well anyways. Have a great time with the family!

Glad the living room is done. Hope you got some downtime today.

7/5/18

Sometimes you just need a “don’t think about it shave”. Well tonight I did intend to have that shave but my mind raced back to the MW soap I had yet to try. Marrakesh was tonight’s bubbles and I whipped it with the TSC Legacy brush. Whiskers were removed by a MMOC not the one I’m mailing tomorrow to the razor spa.

SOTD:

This soap was way way better than my last experience with MW. Possibly due to brush being different. BBS result with a post shave feel I can only put in elite status.

Thanks for reading have a great Friday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Great stuff TJ! Glad you were able to coax out a great lather with the MW that maximized the great post-shave feel that Michelle's soaps are known for!

Hey are you using my brush?

Nice quick one today TJ! Enjoy your weekend.

I dunno about all you GEM users. I guess that's fine if you want to shave with a paint scraper.

Back