The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great couple of shaves, reads, and pictures TJ!

Glad to hear you and the misses got some "couple" time!

Awesome stuff TJ...that Henkles is a great looking razor, not surprised that it gave you a wonderful shave! You'll enjoy the MW and Lisa's soaps, they're good stuff!

Ah yes, Marrakesh - it's one of my absolute favorite MW soaps! And I just used a sample of Irish Traveller the other day - another good one, and totally "puck worthy".

6/26/18

the eve of SWMBO’s birthday! I must say tonight’s post will be quick as I’m dog tired but couldn’t help myself. Tonight’s shave is the last time I will use my Fatboy as it leaves for the DE treatment tomorrow and one of my MMOC razors is going as well. Also won a bid on a Filarmonica 12 so I am hoping to have that by Thursday.

Tonight’s lineup
CBL Lavender Chill preshave
Honeybee Mayan Gold soap
Fatboy w/ GSB
sorrentino Padauk Cashmere
nivea balm
Barbasol Pacific Rush splash

SOTD

Thanks for reading. Have a great day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends.

Great shave TJ. The Fatboy/GSB combo is a favorite of mine.

Glad to hear a couple razors are getting a day at the spa! Be sure to take before/after shots!

Hope you have something great planned for tomorrow to distract from all the incoming shave swag ?

Looking forward to see what you have done to the razors.

Great stuff TJ and congrats on the Fili win. Looking forward to seeing what you have done with the safety razors after their time in the spa getting facelifts!

Getting a razor re-plated is downright fun, no other way to put it. Like a kid during Christmas!

6/28/18

Quick entry today as I’m still not at 100%. No photo today either.

I was still feeling a bit under the weather after some sort of virus hit me last night. I jumped in the tub and soaked my weary bones. Then the shave

CBL Lavender Chill preshave
CC sandstorm bowl
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo brush
Injectah type M
Personna blade
WWSC Aces N Eights soap
Asylum Vetiver Bourbon splash

BBS shave was the result and I smell relatively nice also. Now to just feel better before tomorrow so I can have a delivery day.

Have a great evening and a Fantastic Friday folks. Thanks for reading this madness. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Well at least your clean shaved!

Hope you feel better soon TJ!

Knock em dead with the presentation!

I always dread the first time I have to start moving around when getting over an illness, but usually once I finally get moving, it feels like a little pick me up.

Glad you could get in a refreshing shave. Rest up! Hope you feel better!

Back