The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

6/12/18

Back to my humble beginnings “Comfort Food” of shaving. After a really long day of driving 2.5 hours for a 5 hour meeting then driving halfway back to stop at a customer’s shop to do some customer relationships meeting and greeting (this part of my day was awesome). Then driving the rest of the way home I was really just in the mood for a nice relaxing hit it without much thought kinda shave and my SOTD photo will be understood by those that read my past life journal.

XX by Razorock was the first soap SWMBO told me never to run out of and the black beauty always delivers. It was also the first soap I bought a matching set of almost a year ago when I began this insanity.

Thanks for reading and encouraging throughout this journey into the abyss. Have a blessed Wednesday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

I remember your XX days. It seems like a long time ago.

It is good to have reliable products to fall back on, especially ones that have a personal meaning.

Great shave.

Nice shave and set-up TJ...always nice to be able to rely on a shave like that when you need to just not think about anything.

I love it when you are in no mood to tinker and play, so you grab what is most familiar to you and just shave! I have a couple of those soaps and aftershaves...and it's just amazing the results you get from them every time! Great Shave TJ!

Good stuff TJ, I am a Razorock fan boy. While not the best soaps out there, they are consistent and reliable!

Catching up from being way behind TJ!

Some great shaves here! You are progressing very well with the straights!

DocHoliday0831 said:
Would never have tried it if my Bingle Buddy from last year had not been so awesome and hit all the right notes. Lime and Patchouli are two of my top 3 scents and it was a local company for him Thanks again Craig

Glad you liked it! Soap Commander make some good stuff IMHO!

6/14/18

Injectah+Sorrentino+Tabac=

SOTD:

Wow what an eventful day the 6 auctions ended and I was the fortunate winner of all 6. Not exactly sure how I got so fortunate today but my shave was an attempt to make sure the opposite did not occur after using up a good bit of my “luck” on the bay.

thanks for reading this mess folks pictures of the acquisition will be posting as soon as I receive them. I can say that there are 2-Henkels, a Red Imp, a gunmetal, a Boker, and another one I cannot remember the exact name on. Have a Fantastic Friday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Congratulations on the wins! Sounds like a killer lot!
Those are a lot of great razors coming in.
Great job on the auctions. I bet that brush performed well with Tabac!
Congratulations on the auction wins, TJ! Those will be some good razors coming your way!

The brush did a fantastic job of whipping up suds! If the auction photos didn't lie to me they all appear to be almost mint condition and the guy selling the majority of them is tossing in leather slips for the ones he is sending. Oh and I didn't mention but I got all 6 for sub 250$ including shipping

Some exciting mail calls coming your way. Congrats on the wins!

Back