The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Followed a long a little on Facebook. Looks like you and the family had a great weekend!

Followed a long a little on Facebook. Looks like you and the family had a great weekend!

Was a fabulous day Saturday. We are going back again this weekend for a three day trip my family has a membership at a camping resort there and I must say free lodging at the beach is hard to pass up

Was a fabulous day Saturday. We are going back again this weekend for a three day trip my family has a membership at a camping resort there and I must say free lodging at the beach is hard to pass up
Dang, that's sweet TJ!

Nothing to argue with there! I wouldn't be able to turn that down either! I love staying at the beach and the smell of the fresh, salty air!

5/22/18 (SS 23)

Kate (Asylum RX)
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
Rugged Riley Rustic Woods soap and splash

Sotd

First sniff is somewhat different than any other soap I’ve ever smelled not sure if it’s good or bad but different. The ingredient list is clearly marked so citronella as an ingredient should keep the bugs off me anyway if it shaves bad.

Well I must say that DFS+ from Kate with a probably overdue blade and a new soap is very nice. Well it’s only not a BBS because I got three weepers because I should have stuck a new blade in the razor. The soap lathers a bit like SV and it is hard and vegan. using the SV method water was a bit difficult to dial in and I ended up with a light airy lather but it was plenty slick for me. Could have been a bit better in the cushion if thicker I think. The citronella scent that hit me in the nose when tub opened faded quickly into a citrusy fir scent that is rather pleasant and the aftershave feel is very good. Overall I am calling this one a middle of tier 2 soap and maybe will try the other two scents they offer when SWMBO needs more essential oil. The aftershave ingredient list is Douglas Fir Hydrolol or something of that sort and it has zero feedback no alcohol and no menthol. Scent wise it is nice but weak even for an aftershave.

Thanks for following along with me. Hope Wednesday is a great day for each of you. Prayers and God’s blessings.

That is an interesting soap...good shave even if it was a blade past it's best. Interesting that they put actual fir extract in there...I know quite a few people who are allergic to pine...(my Dad is one...luckily I missed that gene)

And yet another new artisan!
Great read and shave TJ! Nice effect on the picture!

I like the directions "Apply to desired areas" as opposed to what? Undesired areas? LOL

I'm so far behind I need field glasses to see the back of the column! Great shave with the "Skeeter beeter" shave soap!

Back