The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Hopefully a shave is coming tonight but I did finally read and catch up on most of you guys journals. Still a bit sore but looks like I should be able to go back to work tomorrow.

Got some work done on the SS handle today. Check out my thread for that to see the results. Stay tuned here for a shave later!

Not much documenting has occurred but I had a few shaves with the El Jefe from the pass-around and it was nice but not as good IMO as Kate or my Alumigoose. Needless to say I smell a lot like Royal Fougere and Penns English Fern today!! Recovery from the surgery is doing well and hopefully will be much less sore as each day progresses. Stay tuned to the Doc's Natural Obsession thread after this weekend if im lucky I will add to the photos there. Also I am going to try to start putting some finish on the SS scales this weekend as well.

Thanks for reading my friends and for the thoughts and prayers. Prayers and God's blessings to each of you!

Royal Fougere and Pen's English Fern....'NUFF SAID!!

Glad to hear that the recovery is still progressing well!

5/4/18 (SS 22)

Weck
personna blade
Razorock Plague Doctor soap and splash
Sorrentino Maple Tuxedo
Kenneth Cole RSVP cologne

Had a comfortable DFS from the straight and then finished it off with the Injector. Was quite simply in a hurry to go to the hiking/outdoor supply store and grab a couple items for our Cub Scout bike tomorrow.

Now lunchnos mostly made and packs are. Mostly packed. Just grab the camera and hope for some wildlife/nature shots!!

Thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks Have a great day tomorrow!!

After a visit to the oldest church in NC and a 5-mile hike at one of the State Parks near our home we went shopping for the kids some new flip flops and now we are home where I can relax and enjoy the rest of the night. Got some Tung oil soaking into the scales for the SS and will be importing some awesome wildlife finds from the park today put to preview them, a doe deer, several anole lizards, a box turtle, a few 5-lined skinks, several brown water snakes, and a red belly water snake.

Now for the SOTD and I don’t think any explanation more is needed but SV, Pen’s, and Kate= SUPER SUPER RESULT!!!!!

Have a a great Sunday tomorrow folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Not that you seem to need a reason to go hiking, have you heard of geocaching? I was heavily involved in that for several years and it took me to some pretty interesting places.

Back