The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

4/20/18 (SS 20)

Yes Gentlemen that is Straight Shave 20!!!!

The Weck gets another call today and the Personna blade only one use should be good for a good while longer.

Tonight I really get to understand what the two Dave’s find so captivating about a certain scent. Cosmo by SV.

The Stirling Boar is beating the suds and I coloniali balm is replacing my normal Nivea.

SOTD:

Hopefully after taking a load of stuff to the Goodwill center I will have enough time before me and mini me have to go do some community service stuff with the cub scouts, to get the rough shape for the SS scales cut out and then begins the sanding process to shape and prep the scales. Then drill the pin hole and pivot screw holes and we shall see what end result we get. Hopefully it does the razor justice.

thanks again for reading!! Have a wonderful Saturday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you gentlemen

Great shave and picture TJ!
Don't forget to take progress pictures on the SS scales, like I usually forget to go.

4/21/18 (SS 20)

Well after a really nice day with the family I was able to relax and shave.

Got BBS- and a really really awesome scent.

Great shave.

I received the SV Felce Aromatica for Christmas. I can't wait to give it a try. I haven't even broken the seal on the tub so that I don't lose the scent.

Nice shave yesterday with the Felce. My memory might be off but that's new to you right? How you like the scent?

Cvargo said:
Nice shave yesterday with the Felce. My memory might be off but that's new to you right? How you like the scent?

yep brand new to me. I really like the scent of it. I am very partial to scents like this (Fougere types), Patchouli, and Vetiver. On the other end of my spectrum is Lime, and a few other citrus scents. I just need to be honest the only scent I have ever had that I didn’t like was B&M Night Music and Don has it now and I believe he really likes it.

Back to the Felce though. It isn’t as stron in tin as some of the other SV scents and it lathers just like all the rest though. Super slick and finishes well with the SV aftershave. Now I’m wait on my Pens English Fern to pair it with honey will be here next week.

Catching up. Great shaves. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with the scales.

Quijote said:
Catching up. Great shaves. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with the scales.

ordered a 5 pack of different exotic hardwoods with nice grain. I think I will like that better. I really wanted the red/black burlap micarta to be it but when I got the scales to thickness all the red was gone and I was left with black plastic. I already have black plastic scales on it

Back