The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well TJ it took awhile I was behind, but all caught up now. Don't work too hard now, and glad your wife is healing up.

Some job duties have changed a bit so I possibly will be less stressful and less distant. Now I don’t remember exactly what shaves have been posted and which ones have not so I will post the last few.

377EB1B1-4B16-4CA7-94A9-B48939C2ED9A.jpeg90653DBD-B109-4532-984B-B2C4AFA88063.jpeg634E9C3B-AF62-41AD-9922-5E26ECB3DAA8.jpeg
All seem citrus type to me so I guess they Firth’s theme bill.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Thanks for the update TJ! They all look like great shaves! Though I might be afraid of that razor... 🤪

It is a fantastic shaver. Like the .84 Gamechanger and it’s OC .84 middle brother. Lots more blade feel than the other two and angle is more important but two days growth and it left me close enough that I can use the mildest of razors and still get bbs today.

Woke up yesterday with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat/cough. This morning I woke up the same plus the mother of all migraines. Hopefully meds work quickly and I can function for cooking and hanging with my family today

Yep, all my buddies that drink stuff these days are saving their empty bottles for my inspection now.

Hope you woke up feeling better this morning. Having an empty bourbon bottle collection...having a headache...could be a connection?

Well no shave tonight but I did shave yesterday and I can honestly say the birth year/quarter razor did not disappoint at all. It was a stellar shave. Probably should have been a bit more aggressive in shaving today but my son wanted to invite my grandparents, my mom, my aunt, my brother, and my brother’s kids to our house for a bonfire and I honestly had zero reason for denial. We had a spectacular time and then our family was very tired. So I was on watch the fire duty til it dies down enough to goto bed duty .

On the job front I am no longer involved with the agricultural division of the company I work for and am now an employee of the Navistar truck division. The he asshole that they gave me for a boss last easy a back stabbing, lying, sack of immortal shit and I’m sorry if anyone has hunks less of me for the language but I really needed to get this off my chest. He trumped up a story to attempt to have the owner fire me and fortunately for me the manager on the heavy truck parts division needed an employee. I have less stress, less anxiety, and for the last 9-10 days I have slept better and my wife had liked my attitude better. 17 years with the same company and one 2-year butt kisser can almost cost me my livelihood. Maybe this explains a bit of my distance from the forum lately and if I need to be locked for being heavily intoxicated and posting my feelings then mods I truly hope your level of forgiveness is more apt than mine.

Thanks for reading folks. I genuinely love each and every one of you! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Man, sorry about the work stress. I would think 17 years would have bought you some leeway...but that’s people for ya. Glad the other manager was able to step up for you and you got things figured out!

Dang buddy. Sorry you had to go through all that and thank goodness you had a place to land. Now, about that drunk shaving video.

Well no shave tonight but I did shave yesterday and I can honestly say the birth year/quarter razor did not disappoint at all. It was a stellar shave. Probably should have been a bit more aggressive in shaving today but my son wanted to invite my grandparents, my mom, my aunt, my brother, and my brother’s kids to our house for a bonfire and I honestly had zero reason for denial. We had a spectacular time and then our family was very tired. So I was on watch the fire duty til it dies down enough to goto bed duty .

On the job front I am no longer involved with the agricultural division of the company I work for and am now an employee of the Navistar truck division. The he asshole that they gave me for a boss last easy a back stabbing, lying, sack of immortal shit and I’m sorry if anyone has hunks less of me for the language but I really needed to get this off my chest. He trumped up a story to attempt to have the owner fire me and fortunately for me the manager on the heavy truck parts division needed an employee. I have less stress, less anxiety, and for the last 9-10 days I have slept better and my wife had liked my attitude better. 17 years with the same company and one 2-year butt kisser can almost cost me my livelihood. Maybe this explains a bit of my distance from the forum lately and if I need to be locked for being heavily intoxicated and posting my feelings then mods I truly hope your level of forgiveness is more apt than mine.

Thanks for reading folks. I genuinely love each and every one of you! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.
I spent many years handling these types of matters and I can tell you that it is not all that uncommon. He did not like you and did not have the honor to deal with you straight up like a man. If I were the owner I would have fired your now ex-boss. What a turd.

Sorry about the trouble at work, but I'm glad it resulted in you getting moved to a less hostile environment. I know all about the stress and anxiety and it's no fun, so I'm glad that's in the past for you. Do some healing and throw in a couple of good shaves for good measure.

Am planning on doing just that @bentheduck. Cooking some ribeyes and strips tonight and some turkey burgers for the boys. Had a lot to celebrate yesterday with all my family coming over for the bonfire. On top of being angry at the guy at work and then the fun times with family I got tipsy. I said a bunch of stuff I probably should not have and I apologize to all of you for showing my human colors and the curse words came out on paper. Please forgive me folks and know that I sincerely appreciate you guys being my sounding board.

Back