The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Had a nice few minutes of man spa time prior to putting the kiddos to bed. CBL Ghost Dragon’s Blood, Stirling Boar brush, and the RR SLOC which I wish was a GC OC .84 Jaws version but it is still 2-3 weeks away and it’s my Father’s Day gift from the boys. Maybe I will add some blades to the order as I got a replacement alum block last go around. Really need to try PolSilver or Bolzano blades.

18FF229C-7EA3-4F20-84FF-C86745B653FB.jpeg

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Just caught up brother. Hope all is going well with your wife. Just waiting on that video!

Well had a long long visit with my Dad and Stepmom along with baby brother and his girlfriend. First time I met her nice girl but had a bit of young naivety left in her that I wish we could all have at times. This morning woke up to my wife’s birthday! Not sure yet where her supper will be but it will be wherever she wants sans kids. They are going over to my mom and aunts home where they will be thoroughly spoiled and allowed to eat all grades of anything they want plus play videos, games, and anything else we have pre approved on their tablets. Thank goodness for kindle kids edition and the very in-depth parental controls it allows me. Needed a wonderfully smooth shave for the day ahead and easily got it from my GameChanger! I’m seriously considering selling almost every modern DE I have that is a Safety bar except this one and the Fatip Piccolo SE. Also pulled out Yellow Brick from OZ Shaving. And my PK-47 Cobalt Paladin finishing off my free shave theme day. BBS is an understatement for the end results and I am smelling awesome because I topped off the shave with Creed Original Vetiver. Let’s have a good one today folks!

18E7E2FA-A613-4FE6-BDB0-9545499B851D.jpeg

Quick BBS today before taking Jonathan and one of his friends to the movies. This is his birthday celebration as he turns 8 tomorrow. Yesterday the wife wanted Mexican food and the place we went had 99 cent lime margarita on the rocks and 12.99 for a large carafe full of sangria.
4D036229-1051-458C-9FF3-FA4D13C156AC.jpeg

Got caught up on your past few shaves and I have to say...I detect a tone in your voice that lends to you being maybe a bit more relaxed and happy that you are able to spend time with the family! Some really great shaves in there...really, some REALLY GREAT shaves in there!

Back