The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great catching up. My Excel sheet for shaving has about 6 tabs, and uses pivot tables etc. Great way to keep track of everything. But I use Excel daily for work.

Great catching up. My Excel sheet for shaving has about 6 tabs, and uses pivot tables etc. Great way to keep track of everything. But I use Excel daily for work.
I use Excel a fair amount with work but I am nowhere near the level of you and several others I know

All I can say is being Mr. Mom sucks. Also it humbles me and forces me to realize just how valuable my wife is to this family. Many of you have known me long enough to know that my God is highest priority. With that said my wife is my 2nd priority even more so than my boys. They are 3rd and after that comes my friends/extended family. All of you for any practical purposes fit in category 4. The last few days have just been extremely difficult as boss lady still is couch bound and unable to assist with any day to day activities and likely will be this way for the better part of the next two weeks. Fortunately I am on vacation all week next week and then work Monday-Wednesday of the two weeks following so I will have a few 4 day weekends coming. Much needed. Thanks for all the continued thoughts and prayers for Karen. She is not normally the sit around and do nothing type so this is as hard on her as it is me or harder.

Tonight’s shave ticked off O and P on the theme shaves since I don’t have any Chambers stuff.

5F4B0A84-5891-4A57-A014-232B0F573510.jpeg
Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Good reflections, I know what you mean. I have a really hard time imagining the stress of single parenthood. It takes a special person and a heart bigger than most.

So glad to have my family whole and healthy. Glad yours is too!

I got a small taste of that at the beginning of February and can appreciate what ya'll are going through. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Hoping for a speedy recovery TJ. I know I rely heavily on my wife to keep the ship on course lol. Sounds like you've been doing a better job than I would!

After some thought I threw together a “changing traditional shaving” shave tonight. Stirling changed the way we measured performance, Razorock changed the DE game for me, and lastly TSC changed forums and all of these changes benefit the entire wet shaving world!

3124FAF0-7CA9-4FF0-A0A0-BF65F5497BF6.jpeg
The Legacy Tuxedo is one of the most sentimental brushes in my den! Some of you guys maybe all of you guys understand why so let’s not reopen that can of worms that pushed this place into existence. Gentlemen I have 1.5 days of work left and then I am off for 9 straight days then I work 2 3 day weeks in a row. I really really need that respite from the daily grind.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my friends!

All I can say is being Mr. Mom sucks. Also it humbles me and forces me to realize just how valuable my wife is to this family. Many of you have known me long enough to know that my God is highest priority. With that said my wife is my 2nd priority even more so than my boys. They are 3rd and after that comes my friends/extended family. All of you for any practical purposes fit in category 4. The last few days have just been extremely difficult as boss lady still is couch bound and unable to assist with any day to day activities and likely will be this way for the better part of the next two weeks. Fortunately I am on vacation all week next week and then work Monday-Wednesday of the two weeks following so I will have a few 4 day weekends coming. Much needed. Thanks for all the continued thoughts and prayers for Karen. She is not normally the sit around and do nothing type so this is as hard on her as it is me or harder.

Tonight’s shave ticked off O and P on the theme shaves since I don’t have any Chambers stuff.

View attachment 4885
Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

I would like to challenge each of you journalers and Vlog guys to do a what changed wet shaving for you theme!
I'll definitely take you up on that challenge. I already have my gear in mind for it. I'll get it done when I get home!

Great shave and great theme. I hope your wife continues to recover.

Back