The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Well I finally finished cataloging my soaps and creams. 83 soaps and 5 creams. Not as many as most of you folks but a bunch for only having been at this 2 years. Hard to believe it was a year ago I did that monster PiF to celebrate a year of traditional shaving.

Well I finally finished cataloging my soaps and creams. 83 soaps and 5 creams. Not as many as most of you folks but a bunch for only having been at this 2 years. Hard to believe it was a year ago I did that monster PiF to celebrate a year of traditional shaving.
That's a healthy stash for sure TJ

Well it’s Saturday night and the second glass of Larceny is gone. Shave and then bed before services in the morning. Have been missing them the last few weeks as the missus was either preparing for surgery or 2 days into recovery so this week will be long time coming. Have been giving thought to the favorites things in my den. Some of them are PdP 63, my Rudolph buddy gift last year the Fatip Piccolo SE OC/SB, and the TSC 1st anniversary brush by Sorrentino. So that was tonight’s shave.

CECA851F-E09F-4119-903F-62A9272D3845.jpeg
Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

After I posted last night I found more soaps I forgot. The actual count is 89 soaps and 5 creams. @Spider what is the difference in the two vintage Williams pucks I got from you? I listed them as different because of year made correct?

Made at different times, in different factories, by different parent companies. Formulations likely slightly different, but not all had ingredients listed on the box.

Nice Shave! Hope the wife's recovery is going well. I have a puck of PdP No. 63 in the den...unused. I'll have to remedy that soon.

Free theme week starts today so I chose a soap that I really like the scent of but is not in the Elite category. Low tier 1 or high tier 2 for me but the scent is up my alley. Oakmoss, sandalwood, and Patchouli. Pulled out the Injector and my Omega Boar FTW!
E2D4020D-BA8F-49C5-B916-AAB2565C056E.jpeg

Today was my first day for 8 consecutive days off. Man I really really needed it too guys and girls. I was literally running on fumes the last few days of this past week and needed the refreshing worship of services this morning. Then my MIL took the family to lunch for my wife’s and the oldest’s birthdays this week. Planning on spending the day with my dad and stepmom one day this week as well. Oh and getting a haircut. But other than that at least one bonfire with the family and several relaxing moments around the house in between getting some things done that have been lacking. Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Work day 1 that I wasn’t at the office what did I do? Put together my hammock, went to the store for a hand pruning saw, bought salmon from the fish market, lit grill put salmon and mushroom caps on grill, poured bourbon, put cabbage and corn on the cob in pots to boil, washed all said dishes to this point, now sipping bourbon waiting for food to cook. Yes ladies and gentlemen life is good. Oh and I bought brown sugar, flour, butter, and chocolate and caramel chips for home scratch made cookies.

Back